More Info About Me

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Working FOR the Weekend...or ON the weekend???

Remember the old song, "Everybody's workin' for the weekend"? I've said before I always PLAN to work FOR the weekend. I work hard during the week so that I can have a weekend....but lately...I keep working ON and THROUGH the weekend. I'm trying to stop, really I am. This weekend I've been somewhat successful.

Today, we spent 3 and 1/2 hours at the soccer field. Between DS 2 and 4, we had back to back soccer games. It was actually nice that both games happened on the same field this week. Since DS 2's team travels, they are sometimes out of town, dividing our attention. DS 4 scored FOUR goals in his game. In fact, these were the only scores by his team. It was fun, but it was DARN HOT out there!!!! Just doesn't seem right that it should be 90 degrees in October.

I went to Walmart this afternoon....I can always do some damage there. I was so excited because my small group always buys water bottles as gifts for Women's Emmaus (weekend renewal). We are usually excited when we can find bottles for $1. Today, while browsing in Walmart, I saw a HUGE bin full of colorful water bottles for 10 cents (yep, you read that right) a piece!!!!!!!!!!! Who can resist THAT kind of a savings????? I promptly went to the front of the store and got an empty cart (because my cart was already full).

I decided that I'd buy for this upcoming weekend AND the next two (a total of 180 bottles). They filled the second cart. It was funny to see people's faces when they saw this crazy woman walking through Walmart with two carts and one filled completely with water bottles! What was even funnier is that every 20 or so steps, one bottle would fall off the cart!! I can never do anything quietly!

When I got to the checkout, the guy's eyes almost bugged out of his head when he saw my two carts. He had to ring up 10 cents all 180 times. When he pulled my cash register receipt, he held it up to see how long it was and said, "I've been working at Walmart a while and THAT is the longest receipt I've seen!" How proud I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow DH leaves for a week. I am always sad when he's away, but am happy that he gets to travel and help churches all over the country. It's what he's passionate about...and that's a good thing.

On another note, for those of you praying for my SIL and her family. Heather came through surgery just fine. She will be in the hospital for the next few days and on strict no lifting rest for about 4 weeks. Please continue to keep all of them in your prayers as they receive pathology reports and acclimate to life at home with Mom on rest.

And finally, DS 3 has proclaimed me STRANGE...no surprise there. He was reading my blog and noticed that I wish I could wake up tomorrow and cartwheel. He said, "You could have picked ANYTHING, Mom....WHY cartwheels???" I don't know...it's my blog and that's what came to my mind!!!

That's all for now...just didn't want you all to think I'd fallen off the blogging wagon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

S..so glad to get caught up!! And now YOU must be THE "Walmart Queen" with that huge buy today! I'm sooo proud!! :-)
Have you been able to get A off of the ceiling yet??!! 4 goals...that's just AWESOME! Give him a big HIGH FIVE from G'ma!!
Hope your single parent week goes well!
LY..C

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hello and Happy Sunday Morning!! Single Parent this coming week and the Walmart Queen..wow what a combination for you Miss Susan!! I love a good bargain too in fact I almost never buy anymore unless I can get a good bargain!! That was a good buy!!
You have a small group too? We have one that meets every Sunday here at our house!!
Sandy