
Tonight DS 4 and I went to Taco Bell for dinner. He and I stayed at school late due to violin and then planned to go to the school's skate night at our local rink.
While we were in Taco Bell, a young lady walked in with this little girl in tow. The lady was dressed in uniform and ready for work. She went to the cash register and clocked in. I kept looking for the person that was going to take the little girl...I totally understand tag-teaming. But no one came. The Mother went behind the counter while the little girl sat quietly in the booth waiting.
Soon, the Mother returned with a quesadilla and a drink. She cut it for the little girl and made sure it was cooled off. Then, she returned to the food line where she was stationed to make food.
This little girl is....well....LITTLE!!!!! She was so quiet. She'd speak in a quiet voice to others around her (I am pretty sure it was all Spanish)...but they didn't pay attention.
She sat still. She ate. Occasionally she'd pop up like you see her here and then sit back down to eat.
I kept waiting....but no one came. I watched this for nearly 45 minutes! I had to leave. I wanted to tell the Mom that I would sit and play with her. I wanted to protect her from the crowds of people that filled the restaurant...and so easily could have walked off with her before Mom looked back up.
I am sure Mom was doing the best she could. I know it was better than leaving the child unattended at home (I've seen that at school and in foster care before.)
But, she was so......
LITTLE!!!!!!!!
And the world we live in is so.....
BIG!!!!!!!!!!!
7 comments:
God, please protect that little girl. Help Mom find good child care.
In Jesus Name,
Amen!
Aw, what a little sweetie. I, too, pray that Jesus will be with her and her mommy and keep them safe.
There's probably a lot more of this type of thing going on than we even know about. So sad. :(
aawweee...that is really sad. :( I hope that little girls stays safe.
How sad. I know that happens a lot. I sure pray that the Mom can find care for her little one.
My heart was breaking as I read this story, and yet the mother probably had no other choice.
What a beautiful, and well behaved little girl.
Amen to the pray above.
There were times when I was a child I wish my mother did more of that for me... even though it may not have been the safest thing...
As you said that was probably all the mother could do. Thank goodness that she has such a well behaved little girl.In these ridiculous times, though, I would be so afraid that someone would come and snatch that little girl right up when the place got really busy. I feel so sorry for that mother!! She might have been a single mom too. How sad.
Sandy
While it is very sad, it is also wonderful to know that this little girl is obviously loved by her mother......I've been working with a third grade boy who originally began the year living with his grandmother. She lost her brother and her own mother is very ill, so he had to return to his mother, which sadly is not a good thing. He's been deteriorating...thinner, obviously not bathing and most recently not changing his clothes....we found out yesterday that he is being left at the Salvation Army day care every day from 5 -9pm. While I appreciate that the mother may have other responsibilities I am doubtful and feel strongly that he would be better off with a mother who took him with her to work. Neither of these children should have to cope with these situtations...prayer for both and all the other children in situations like these.
Post a Comment