More Info About Me

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Lesson that Stings a Bit

As some of you know, I have many teacher's guides that I have to write in the next couple of weeks. I have made a good dent in them and that is a good thing. In order to stay on top of them, though, I should write one each night (on average) to get them to the editor and the publisher on time.

Last night, I sat down with my laptop to check email, blogs, and "stuff". DS 3 was on the computer in my room doing his homework. As I sat on the bed, laptop in hand, I thought out loud, "Oh, I SHOULD write a teacher's guide, but I don't want to." It really wasn't meant to be a conversational statement...but it quickly became one. DS 3 calmly looked at me and said, "What if I decided that I don't really feel like doing my Science Journal tonight?" OUCH!!!

Again I was reminded that they are ALWAYS watching and listening to us! I told him he was right, dutifully started working on stuff that needed to get done rather than stuff I "wanted" to do!! Thanks, Son!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... always watching, always listening... Wow

Mary Jo said...

Hate it when that happens. . .

Lynn said...

Sounds very familiar;-)

Lazy Daisy said...

Don't ya just "hate it" when they start quoting you to you?