This past weekend a family that I know had to deal with something that I know has been very difficult. Their middle son (they have three) was in a near fatal car wreck. He is in a coma in the hospital. Today, people here are conducting a 24 hour prayer vigil for David and his life. PLEASE, if you have a moment, stop and pray for this young man. There is no telling how long this will take and how much damage has been done as most of his injury seems to be brain trauma. I am pasting our latest update on David---from his mother---below:
Isiah 40:20 my friend gave me last night.
God give strength to the weary and power to the weak.
I GOT 7 HOURS SLEEP LAST NIGHT!! I am good to go. We are not allowed to be with David from 6p to 9P and then in the morning 6a to 9a... that is when Oscar sleeps. Otherwise one of us is there.
After talking to the police, paramedic and the Bayflight tech came in to see Oscar in the middle of the night. Then the trauma Dr. all told us yesterday that from the very on-site of the scence - David was posturing (sp) - which is a sign of dying. That's why they wouldn't let me anywhere near the scence, they were waiting for an advocate to come be with me to share the bad news.
This is almost day 5 - and the Life/Death situation he was in I believe is over. Today he has a cat scan to see if the brain is absorbing the blood, if it is they will take out the monitor that's screwed into his head.
He is still in a coma on the respirator and they talked about a trach maybe early next week (which would be more comfortable for him). He is still in a coma, and now we just wait to see how much of DAvid we have left. (of Course I believe we will have 100%).
He has big mittens on now because he got ahold of his tube and almost pulled it out.
Daniel and I were telling him last nigt that Bill McLain (his publix manager) has been calling and we told him he could "close" every night of the week". (David fights us all the time about working more, working later, he loves Publix) - He hasn't opened his eyes but for the first time he was blinking!!! We had to laugh. We told the lady if your trying to wake him talk about PUBLIX.
They keep telling us it could be weeks or months before he starts to come back to us. But they don't know David and his determination. Of all my boys, if you tell him he can't or isn't able to do something.... he does it in double time.
Ok, thanks everybody for keeping us up in prayer... we feel it. We are doing fine and feel loved. Oscar especailly has loved the e-mails and cards you have forwarded to my sister - it helps the night go a little faster. We love hearing all the "DAVID" stories.
Love,
Lisa
I can't even imagine what this family must be going through right now. I DO know that they have a VERY strong faith and are trusting God for a miracle for their son. Let's join them in believing that as well.
Thanks!!
2 comments:
hey susan! thanks for your wonderful words of encouragement. and yes, i think you're so right when you say to consider the way sons treat their mother. i think there's something to that. and i would think that guys could take a look at how the girls treat their dads as well. it just makes sense that the natural flow would be to give your loyalty, honor, respect etc that you have for your mom/dad, to your spouse. and i'm sure there are exceptions, but as a basic rule it's a great peek into how they may be.
also, saying a prayer for David and his family.
enjoyed your place here and will definitely be back soon.
blessings!
lisa
I will put his name on our prayer list too. Please keep us posted as to how he is doing. Thanks for caring so much about others. Love you!
Post a Comment