More Info About Me

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Do You Want to Live Longer?

DS 4 asked me this question on our way home from school today. I am no fool. Of course, I said, "YES". He said, "Take a walk everyday and drink chocolate milk." We did hear this advice on the radio the other day. It was a new study that some doctor completed. He said, "I told Grandma and Grandpa yesterday." And then he continued, "You don't have to take a walk outside. You can do it at the Y on the treadmill." I said, "Thank you, I'll keep that in mind."

Then I started to ponder all the "things" I have learned that are supposed to help you reduce risks for certain diseases, extend life, etc. And I really wondered what a STRICT diet of that would look like. Here are just a few of the "miracle foods" that should be taken regularly:

Oatmeal with Blueberries (reduce cholesterol and healthy heart)
Spinach Salad with almonds (Roughage with more heart help)
Olive Oil Dressing (Reduces risk of diabetes and is heart healthy)
Chocoalate Milk
Red Wine (one glass for heart health)
Strawberries (more antioxidants)
Fatty Fish (reduces risk of death from heart attack and Alzheimer's disease)
Whole Grain Bread--son 2 says 12 grain (helps prevent diabetes and colon cancer)
Beans (fiber that helps prevent diabetes and colon cancer)
1/8 tsp. of cinnamon (reduces some cancer risks and helps when you have a cold or the flu)
Dark Chocolate
Green Tea (Lowers blood pressure and prevents hypertension)

While researching healthy foods not long ago, I found this article. Sounds like HONEY is a MUST!

Yes, son, I DO want to live longer...thanks for the tip!

1 comment:

kt said...

& they say eating healthy is expensive! HA!

Oatmeal? eat it almost everyday & usually w/ blueberries! lol Beans? @ least once a week, gotta have my burritos! Green tea? LOVE it!

I skip fish though. lol