The picture on the left shows my FIL modeling how the shirt was hanging when they found it. (I know he's a whole OTHER blog post for another day. :-) ) I'll have to take a picture of LG IN the shirt and add it later.
Anyway, sure enough, LG LOVES this shirt. She wore it several times after Christmas. So when we went back to school this week, it didn't surprise me when she put it on over her uniform.
Yesterday, while I was in her classroom for something completely different, her teacher told me that the shirt was catching the sun's rays in the morning and making the room look like a disco! She said the kids were mesmerized watching the reflections dance around the room. Then, she said LG kind of realized it and she could see her moving the shirt to catch the sun's rays to make it happen. So, she had her put the shirt away.
I hadn't really noticed it before she said something. That is, until we got in the car yesterday and her shirt was back on and capturing the sun' rays and sending colorful lights all over my car. I, too, was mesmerized--which is NOT good while you're driving!
One thing I've learned about LG in the 15 months she's been in our family is that she's a lot like her shirt. She LOVES to make things sparkle and shine. Her heart is the size of Kansas and she wears it for others to see. She's brought joy beyond measure to our family. She's introduced frill where there was little or none. She has brought a different form of laughter to us as she finds humor in completely different places than the boy do or did. So I say, "Shine on, LG! Shine on!"
Just don't do it while your teacher is teaching or your mother is driving!


6 comments:
Love it Sus....and her too. We are so blessed to have her as our "newest" grandchild! Hugs to both of you!
Yes, she does shines!...I noticed her beautiful shirt too because she kept getting lots of compliments in the cafeteria the other day!
Ms. Cedeno :)
Shine on!!
Beautiful. I love it. Your daughter sounds amazing, happy and full of life. YEAH!!!
Take care and have a blessed weekend.
What a mean teacher she has for killing the creativity of creating a disco classroom! Haha! Love this post and I love having her! The new rule- sweatshirt comes off until the sun is over our classroom. LOL
Too cool! Loved the illustration of the sparkles in the car. 8)
Post a Comment