More Info About Me

Saturday, January 01, 2011

And the final status updates from 2010

October 2010

  • When the party's over...I find myself reflecting just how much I LOVED giving LG her first "real" birthday party with friends over...and am singing to myself, "Girls just wanna have fun!"  
  • Some moments just get to me.  Driving home from our second birthday party this weekend, "God Blessed the Broken Road" came on the radio.  LG was singing it at the top of her lungs.  Suddenly it had a whole new meaning for me.  
  • Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  Harriet Tubman 
  • Having done all to stand...STAND!  (I have always loved it when you stop the Ephesians verse right there.)
  • We are his portion and He is our prize.  Drawn to redemption, by the grace in His eyes.  If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.  (DC*B) 
  • Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.  (Unknown) 
  • Life is the art of drawing without an eraser (John W. Gardner) 
  • While cleaning to prepare for small group tonight, I thought about the times I've heard it said, "You could eat off of so-and-so's floors." Then I think "WHY would you want to?"  I'm glad for friends who care less about the floors and more about the company and conversation.  
  • Perseverance is not a long race, it is many short races one after another.  Walter Elliott 
  • Overheard from the three little girls playing pretend in the other room at my house:  "Uh-oh Mother, I think I have the witch hiccups!"  (All I can think is: "say it isn't so!")  
November 2010

  • Spent 3plus hours emptying DS 4's room to prepare for painting day tomorrow.  His comment?  "I had no idea it was this much work getting ready to paint!"  Surprise!  
  • "Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."  A Huxley 
  • Best line from Raising Hope so far: "You can't work for that store.  You'll be the low man on the totem pole.  You ever seen a totem pole?  You'll have six men and an eagle standing on your head!"  
  • LG and her friend E just put DS 1 in "jewelry jail"....toooo funny! 
  • It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.  He makes my feet like the feet of a deer.  He causes me to stand on the heights...You make your saving help my shield...and your right hand sustains me...You provide a broad path for my feet so that my ankles do not give way."  Psalm 18:32-36
  • On this side of it...today's going to be one LOOONNNNGGG day...and the only words that come to mind this morning are..."Press on"!
December 2010

  • People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.  (Elizabeth Kubler Ross) 
  •  Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothin gon earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.  Thomas Jefferson 
  • I'm trying to convince myself NOT to feel guilty about not sending Christmas Cards this year.  I mean most of my list is here on Facebook...can we pretend that I sent you our updates about 140 characters at a time this year???
  • One thing that bugs me about this time of year is that people go out of their way to give kindness...it's not the kindness that bugs me...only that it's not a habit for the other 11 months!  


2 comments:

Danielle said...

Your last entry about kindness and the other 11 months is what has nibbled away at me since October - since we began to see and hear all the "trimmings" of the coming holiday season. It is that sentiment that really springboarded what I have written about in today's post. Thanks for assuring me I am not alone in this thought!!!

Alise said...

"While cleaning to prepare for small group tonight, I thought about the times I've heard it said, "You could eat off of so-and-so's floors." Then I think "WHY would you want to?" I'm glad for friends who care less about the floors and more about the company and conversation."

Love this one! Particularly as the owner of a home where you would definitely NOT want to eat off of the floor. And sometimes even the table. ;-D

Happy New Year!