It's easy to think about the miracle of our own children. But I wonder, is it harder to think about the miracle that we were to someone else? Is it harder to imagine that just like I believe that God created four beautiful human beings for my DH and I to love and raise, that the same was true for ME? And YOU, too?? Every human being is a masterpiece.
The next verses in Psalm 139 make it very clear that God has his hand on each and every little person that is created:
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in myHere's the deal: God knows us intimately. He made us. And, while I think most of us "could" accept that, I'm not sure we REALLY handle verse 14 as well. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully
made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was
not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven
together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed
body. All the days ordained for me were written in your
book before one of them came to be.
When I read this, I am led to ask: "Do I really praise God because I am God's handiwork?" I think many people have trouble really saying, "Yeah...every nook...every cranny was created by God. Nothing was hidden from him." AND, in verse 16, the Psalmist reminds us that he ordains our days and he knew what each day would bring before "one of them came to be".
Are you getting it? He KNEW us before he made us. He MADE us. We are HIS handiwork. He KNOWS exactly everything about us. Rather than ask ourselves if he really means us....we should give him praise for we are fearfully and wonderfully made! Do you know it fully?
Hey you...reading this and thinking, "Yeah but I've done _____________ or said ___________." STOP! You ARE a masterpiece made by the hand of God too! There's no where you can go and nothing you can do to keep him from loving you right where you are and who you are today.
That, my friends, is simply AMAZING!
8 comments:
AMEN!!!!! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!
I love those verses...some of my favorites!
Amazing indeed because He is an amazing God!!!
Susan
What an amazing verse..everytime that I read this or hear it I have to remind myself of exactly what you are saying..I am also a masterpiece that messes up once in a while...It is something..I will never forget when my children were born either or never forget carrying them..What a wonderful privilege that was for me...Thanks for reminding me.
I got the first puzzle done and now am on another one. You should try again someday..It is fun...mike thinks I am nuts...
I think this is a very important lesson as far as body image goes. We have to teach our children (and ourselves) that we are God's masterpiece. We shouldn't try to measure ourselves against a worldly standard!
What a beautiful thought. The Ephesians verse is one of my three favorite verses in all of Scripture. Thanks for a fantastic blog!
Yep, pretty amazing. These were words I needed to hear tonight, thank you!
Hope you have a good week! Our local districts are finishing up with state testing, have you gotten into that time of year yet?
Wonderful truths, Susan...I really needed this, too!
Post a Comment