Friday night I went with three friends for a "Girls' Night Out" as we went to see the musical Wicked! Our seats were fabulous...and we treated ourselves to a great dinner at PF Changs before the show. We laughed and enjoyed our "Estrogen Only" evening! We decided we are going to do it more. Our next adventure will be to see the new "Menopause the Musical" type show called "Waist Watchers" in Tampa. I CAN'T WAIT!!
I got home from the show around 1:30am and enjoyed a little middle-of-the-night conversation with my DS 2. He's a night owl and was up playing Nintendo at a friend's house. He came home about the same time and we visited for a bit before I really called it a night.
Saturday, DS 3 and DH went to an airshow. They love doing this and this is the month when there is one (or more) happening every weekend in our state.
DS 4 stayed home with me. He couldn't decide WHAT he "wanted to do"...and after going outside for just a few moments, I knew we HAD to be outside. It was absolutely GORGEOUS out! So, he and I headed to the beach. We stayed and played and relaxed for three hours out there. The weather was perfect.
I have to say I have crossed a new threshold in my life. Before we went to the beach, I needed to stop and get sunscreen and restock a few "beach essentials". For the first time EVER in all my 44 years, I bought a floppy straw hat to protect my head and face. I was sitting on the beach with my hat and my sunglasses thinking, "Wow...this must be a sign of aging." Oh well...I'm not burned and I was quite happy under my hat!
DS 2 met DS 4 and I later that afternoon for ice cream. It was a nice little treat on a beautiful day.
Yesterday was a great service at church and a lovely lunch with DS 3 and I. I love spending 1:1 time with my kids! Then, I pretty much lazed around the rest of the afternoon.
It was the perfect weekend to remind me just how blessed I am to have a wonderful family and a fabulous place to call home. Have a great week, everyone!!
9 comments:
Man... that sounds like a really nice weekend.
Sounds like a PERFECT weekend! Wow! Great.
As for no sunscreen, I saw my dermatologist today and after he froze several precancerous things off of my back, I got a tongue lashing and told to NEVER GO OUT again in my life without SPF 50 on my back. *sigh* That is the real sign of aging right there.
Mmm...the beach sounds heavenly right now! We'd love to join you sometime soon and let the cousins play in the waves :-).
Of course, I'd like the follow up ice cream to be Kilwin's. They have one here in Celebration, but it's just not the same...
Glad you had such an awesome weekend.
That sounds like my kind of weekend! I always wanted to see Wicked and have wanted to try PF Changs. There is a PF about an hour away from us so...here's hoping someday. The last broadway type show I saw was Hairspray in NYC. This summer, Les Miserables is coming to my town..I just got my tickets and can't wait. The trip to the beach sounds delightful too! Live vivaciously
Marilyn/xanga/m_squad4
Sounds like a really nice weekend, Susan!
So cute about your floppy hat...I haven't put one on yet, but this summer might be my first time, too! ;)
Yeah for the girls' night. I have a monthly movie night with my girlfriends and there just *happens* to be a PF Changs across the street from the theater so we always incorporate a little food into the gathering, too. The floppy hat is a good thing..
Sounds like a FABULOUS weekend! And I am so jealous that you saw WICKED...that is one that is one my list nad I haven't managed to get there yet!
Oh how FUN! I loved Menopause, The Musical -- I haven't heard of that new one! But if it comes, I'm going to see it! I'm so jealous you saw WICKED! I want to see that. Krysti and I keep talking about going to see it in New York. SOMEDAY.
Sounds like you had a great weekend! Of course, now you've had another weekend. I am behind, but I am trying to catch up! :)
Post a Comment