YFirst of all, I have been sick this week with a terrible cold. I took Monday off of school and then pushed to go in the other days since the dreaded FCAT (Florida's State Test) came in this week and has to be prepared for administration. Thank goodness I have some great help and we are almost completely ready.
YThis sickness has shown me what a blessing my friends are. See my last post. They've blown me away this week cause it's not like a dying sickness...only an "I don't feel like doing anything" sickness. Still their care and compassion has been so touching.
YWhile I didn't mention it in yesterday's post, I am also VERY THANKFUL for my blogging friends. I love your emails and your well-wishes via comments. You also are a BLESSING to me in so many ways! I don't know if I'll ever really get over how neat it is to have people you can call "friend" that you have never seen face-to-face.
YFor my blogging friends that I've had the blessing of meeting...I also don't think I'll ever get over the "coolness factor" of meeting someone for the first time and feeling so connected to them! I mean who goes and spends the night with a bunch of "total strangers" and has a total BLAST??? (Can you say "Bloggin' Babes"?)
YDH finally got home last night. He worked in Texas all week. I have missed him!!
YDH, DS 2, and DS 3 flew to Jacksonville today for a really cool audition for DS 2. I'm not going to go into it too much yet, but if you read this today, please send up a prayer for the three of them and for DS 2 as he reads his monologue sometime between 2:00 and 5:00 today. I'll fill you in when I can.
YDS 3 made it over the pole vault bar at track practice on Thursday! They practice with it at 6ft. He was so excited! He is looking forward to this week's track meet on Tuesday where he will once again try and clear seven feet. He is still amazing me!
YDS 4 has a very full social calendar today. He is going to two back-to-back birthday parties. I'm looking forward to the total quiet that will be in my house while NO ONE is home! ;-)
YDS 1 called this week. He is at AIT in Texas. He is being trained as a "combat medic". He told me he is determined to get top scores on everything. Today I read some of the notes from his basic training platoon comrades. Wow! Talk about being proud. Their comments about him actually made me tear up a bit! They are just seeing what we've known all along.
YWe're going to a friend's 50th birthday celebration tomorrow. She is collecting children's shoes for gifts so that she can give them to needy children in the community. I love that.
Have a great weekend everyone!
6 comments:
It is so cool to read (even from your perspective) just how much of a good influence you have had on your son.
May he learn skills that will last a lifetime and continue to make you and your husband, himself proud, and may it bring glory to the Throne of Heaven - our Lord Jesus!
\o/
AAAAH! I LOVE it! Amanda was a combat medic as well! Leonard Wood to San Antonio - and then to Fort Bragg - because she wanted to do Jump School. From there she went to Korea. So! If DS1 goes to Jump School OR Korea, I'm gonna totally freak! LOL!
As usual, I'm LATE to pray for the audition... but I'm praying it all went WELL and DS2 is selected! Must be SOME audition to fly all the way up there for!
If they have to do 7 feet at meets, why do they only PRACTICE at 6 feet??? That's a whole 12 inches shy! I'm SO happy to hear he cleared it though! CONGRATULATIONS DS3!!! I WILL be praying for HIM on Tuesday!
Awwww... I wish I'd thought to do THAT for MY 50th birthday. Oh. I wouldn't have gotten many though. We just had a family party. Very small. VERY exciting!!!! (when I learned about Luz!)
Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Adventurous but busy!
Good to catch up with you...and I can just imagine how proud you are of your oldest son!!!
And what a sweet idea of your friend to help celebrate her 50th!
Hugs,
~Tammy
wow!!! great post..it so nice that to know that a mother is still be a mother that knows best for her children and that can still influence big time in spite of the influence of the environment and media around...love ur blog very interesting.
I hope you feel better soon. No fun feeling cruddy any time, let alone when the nice weather moves in. We're gearing up for allergy season here. *aaaachooo*. If I lived closer I would so totally be there with some chicken soup.
Post a Comment