This weekend has been FANTASTIC! Although it's only been five days long, I feel like it's been weeks since I've been at work. We had a house full for Thanksgiving. One of the highlights of my day was a call from DS 1! This phone picture was the closest we could get to including him in our Turkey Day Photo Journal.

DH does an AWESOME job cooking the turkey! Here he shows off all the yummy food cooking in the oven. I'm so thankful for him and his contribution to our celebration. He's ever patient when my head is spinning on my shoulders exorcist style. I love that man!

We decided to serve our food up buffet style this year. It worked out pretty well, I think. Here's the crew getting their Thanksgiving "grub"!

We moved our living room furniture out so that we could all sit together. Isn't this a fine looking bunch? DH and I had both of our immediate families here (sans DS 1 and our oldest niece). And, having my Grandmother and her friend Dick join us from Ohio was an extra blessing.

Here's the second table. There were 23 of us in all.

We took an opportunity with Grandma here to take a family photo earlier in the day. This includes all of us except DS 1.

I love having our family around us on this special holiday. It's really what it's all about, isn't it?
Next up: A Black Friday Coffee Give Away Report
9 comments:
Oh you can see the joy all over your beautiful face with that phone call!!! What an awesome Thanksgiving you had - I am happy for you ;)
Oh it's what it's all about for sure. That and giving Thanks to Him from whom it all flows!!
Love the family picture. How special.
Susan
I knew as soon as I saw you with a phong on your ear just who you were speaking too. It is so hard to loose that first one especially at the holidays or their birthdays!! But you have done a great job raising those boys!! Hope your Sunday is relaxing...
Looks like a wonderful time was had by all! So glad you got to talk to DS1. I know it just made the day!
Wonderful!!!!
What a group! That is truly what the holidays are all about, and I am so glad you had a good one!
Also, thanks for missing me while I was gone! :)
Awwww! My heart is warm! YOUR Thanksgiving was surely blessed!!!
What wonderful photos! Everything looks just great.
Oh my gosh, your kitchen is HUGE.
Post a Comment