Actually, we didn't JUST get a letter...it was yesterday after I posted. DS 1 called DH yesterday morning to let him know that he is fine. He hasn't "officially" started basic training yet, but will be in a "few days". He's been mostly doing paperwork and medical stuff and such.
Then, yesterday afternoon, we received a letter from him. It was brief and pretty much told us that he doesn't have an address yet, but they will send it soon. He said he is well.
Thank you all for your comments on my last post. I am really doing well for the most part. I have my "moments"...but those are the same as I have when they are here. They are those moments when I realize that time continues to march on and we have no choice but to go with it.
And, as I indicated, I have this great "Military Mom's Support Group" that are coaching me each step of the way. Put that together with family, wonderful blogging friends, and real life friends and I'd say I'm richly blessed!
Happy Tuesday to all!
11 comments:
Glad you heard from him!!
Susan
What a blessing to get a note (and a call!). Hooray!
That is WONDERFUL! I don't remember getting a letter before BC actually started. I'm SURE I didn't. But we live soooooooo far out in the country, that her Sgt. actually came out to the house to pick her up the night before she left. So she sat and talked with us for a good while before they left. (and it was my twins 6th birthday - so the actual goodbye was just HORRIBLE! EVERYone was crying!) But we were definitely told we would NOT hear from her again for two weeks... and we didn't. So! YOU are double blessed!
So glad you heard from your son and all is well!
I'm so happy you heard from him!
Enjoy the holiday!
I still have that memory embedded in my mind of when we took our first son, Jon to college in Fla..course we lived in Illinois. We had to turn around and leave him there. It was very hard for the both of us. We made it out of the gates of the college and then both cried..Mike too!! This is what is ahead of you for each of your boys. They have to grow up and go out on their own. Believe me...I DO UNDERSTAND!! Sandy
I rejoice with you. One of my best friend's sons is in the Navy for the first time, and she is also going through the adjustment. He got to be home for the "early" holidays--they did Thanksgiving and Christmas! I'm praying blessings on you and yours, esp. the one who is away, this Thanksgiving. Thank you for the influence you provide here in Bloggyland.
I'm so glad you heard from your son. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I'm glad you have support and a letter!
Dearest Susan!!! As a veteran of boot camp I can attest to the fact that there is very little time to write home ;( I'm sorry that you are feeling somewhat 'lost'.....it's difficult when our little chickadees leave the nest. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers ;)
Well, I don't have to sing back "I wonder who it's from...it's from our friends!"
Well, I know that was one piece of mail that made you "wag your tail" and "Wail: MAIL!"
And yes, I have a 4 yr old, so I am very familiar with Blue's Clues.
Happy News!
Post a Comment