As I mentioned last week, we are having a Halloween Party at my house tonight. It starts at 6:00pm. Last night, DS 4 asked, "Why is always at OUR house?" I came out of his room asking myself the SAME question! And last night I dreamt about it and tossed and turned as I thought about all that needs to be done...
We will have chili, apple cider, finger food and drinks/candy for both children and adults in the neighborhood. All is well, really. DH is cooking chili and apple cider. He is making sure the house is ready to go today. He is buying a new fire pit to put in the backyard for people to sit around. DS 4 carved two of three pumpkins last night. I have to finish some last minute decorating today when I get home and make sure the snacks are out to share.
So, you might wonder what my problem is exactly...here it is...I don't get off work until 3:30. I live 30 minutes away from my house. People are coming at 5:30 to help set up. But I want to be almost completely set up BEFORE they get there. I really like having the FULL day to get ready for this sort of thing.
It's my own fault, really. I've known it was coming. It is not like the time has changed or the date changed....It's just that I
Still, I WISH I could make time stand still for just a bit between 3:30 and 5:30 today. Cause there's a storm a brewing!!
9 comments:
Have fun at your Halloween party! I'm sure it will turn out just great and you'll have lots of fun. Your parties and get togethers are always amazing so don't stress about it. Enjoy it!
awww - HAVE FUN!!! It is a lot of work...but they are always so much fun! I think the same way sometimes when I have people over just for dinner...because I feel like EVERYTHING has to be PERFECT!! lol I'll be thinking of you!
Ah the gift of hospitality... i can totally relate.
Praying that God will give you peace and grace to get through and to give Him glory.
ybiC
I can relate to the last minute stress, but I am sure you will have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about it!
Hi Susan, When the Halloween party starts, dip into the wine and everything will be fine!!!Have a great time... wish I was there to party with you and your family.Hugs,
Baba
Good luck! I am sure everything will turn out fine and fun will be had by all.
I'm sure it will be perfect, and fun and very wonderful!!!
Susan
I am laughing as I read this because I am the exact same way. I go into "freak out" mode right before folks come over to my house.
Hey - I linked to you today in my blog. :D
-Kelly
Ohhhhhhhh I know EXACTLY of what you speak! As a matter of fact - this was one of the things I LOVED about subbing - because when I had something like that going on - I TOOK the whole day off! There is NO WAY I would be able to do it all in 1.5 hours! No way! If you did I'm amazed and let me tell you how MEGA PROUD I am of you!!! I could not do it!
Post a Comment