Just last week I discovered that my friend Sandy's two daughters and son-in-law have joined the blogging world. Lindsey sent me this award yesterday and I was quite touched. The rules are to pass the award along to seven more bloggers. Since I've passed along blog awards before, I am trying to send it out to bloggers that I haven't recognized in the past--and just so those of you who I've tagged know, I've not checked to see if you already have received this or not.My awards go to:
1. Amy at Amy's Random Thoughts- Amy and her husband are both bloggers. They are waiting for a precious child from China and it's been fun to read and watch their journey!!
2. Kara at Calm and Chaos - Kara reminds me a lot of myself because she found herself pregnant with her sweet son when she didn't really expect it. She isn't able to blog as much since the birth of the baby, but when she does, it's a real nugget.
3. Kelly over at Chatty Kelly is a newer read for me. I've loved getting to know her through her sweet and clever posts. She is a thoughtful blogger who loves Jesus.
4. Katie over at My Life with My Loved Ones is also a new read for me. She lives in the listening area of our local CCM radio station and we met via the DJ's blog. I have loved reading her stories of her sweet children and getting to know Katie a bit better over the past few months.
5. Merrie over at Merrie Days is also a newer read for me. She's a fellow Preacher's Wife who is so very "real" on her blog. I feel like I've connected with Merrie in so many ways. And I love hearing about her wonderful children and sweet grands.
6. Guinevere over at Raindrops and Whiskers is not a new read for me, but I don't know if I've ever given her an award from me. She's a delightful Mommy and teacher. I've loved following her during her internship and hearing about all the adventures in her life.
7. KT over at The KTKronicles is also a long time read of mine. We met online at a website for
Christian wives. She is such a great Mom who has had her share of ups and downs over the years. This year, God surprised her with a "curve ball" as she found herself expecting again. It's been fun to hear about this new journey.
On another note, I saw this meme over at Danielle's blog today. I thought it was great fun, so in true blogger style: I took it!! Seriously, she invited us to do so.
Were you named after anyone? I have no idea if I was named after anyone.
When was the last time you cried? Hmm...I think I cried just a week or so ago over one of the boys. Nothing bad. They just make me cry when I'm proud of them...when I think of them growing so much...when I see them making good choices. I don't have to tell any Mom. You know exactly what I'm talking about.
Do you like your handwriting? For the most part, yes. Although I think it has gotten worse in the past couple of years.
What is your favorite lunch meat? Well...I don't eat it much, but I LOVE a good fried bologna sandwich with tomato and mayo. Most of the time if I eat lunch meat it's turkey.
Do you have kids? Uh yes, refer back to the "when was the last time you cried?" question.
If you were another person would you be friends with you? I kind of wondered this on my blog one day several years ago. Yes, I think I'd be friends with me.
Do you use sarcasm a lot? Unfortunately I use it more than I really wish I did. I try not to because I know it can hurt so much. But I slip.
Do you still have your tonsils? Sure do.
Would you bungee jump? Not unless it was the only way out of a very scary situation...and I mean VERY VERY scary cause my first inclination was to say, "not in one million years!"
What is your favorite cereal? I really like peanut butter Captain Crunch. We just talked about this at work today...I don't eat it anymore, but it DOES speak to me when I see it on the shelf. My favorite "healty" is special K.
Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? If I'm wearing tie shoes--and that's a big IF--I do not untie them.
Do you think you are strong? I'm definitely stronger than I used to be--thanks to that personal trainer.
What is your favorite ice cream? Chocolate peanut butter cup.
What is the first thing you notice about people? After I notice what they are wearing, I am inclined to look at their hands.
Red or pink? RED
What is the least favorite thing about yourself? That I get so driven that I forget to stop and enjoy people around me. I think my children sometimes suffer when I get in the "zone".
Who do you miss the most? My Grandfather who has been gone for 9 years this month.
What color shoes are you wearing? Shoes??? No shoes once I'm home. It's bare feet for me.
What was the most recent food you ate? A pork chop that DH cooked. YUM!
What are you listening to right now? The Biggest Loser TV show. I am mad at the blue team, but Bob's my favorite trainer!!
If you were a crayon what color would you be? GREEN.
Favorite smells? Vanilla. Mango and Peach candles. Italian food.
Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Some woman who called to tell me how great a candidate is and that I should call him at (this number) and thank him. All in a very monotone voice. Weird!!
Do you like the person who sent this questionnaire to you? You mean the one I took it from??? Yes, she's delightful both in real life and on her blog!!
Favorite sports to watch? Football without question.
Hair color? Blonde....really.
Eye color? (I'm even taking Danielle's answer on this one cause we are the same here.) Hazel…unless of course I have a green shirt on then they are green, or if it’s a brown shirt then they are brown.
Do you wear contacts? Nope. Glasses.
Favorite food? Italian food and anything I don't have to cook.
Scary movies or happy endings? Definitely happy endings.
What color shirt are you wearing? Blue and white striped tank.
Summer or Winter? Definitely love winter!
Hugs or kisses? Both
Favorite dessert? Creme Brulee.
What book am I reading now? Twilight.
What is on your mouse pad? My finger.
What did you watch on TV last night? Chuck and the World Series.
Favorite sound? Children laughing...good giggling laughs.
Rolling Stones or Beatles? Depends on the day and the decade, but mostly the Beatles.
What is the farthest you have ever been from home? Alaska this summer. Although Panama might be further....I don't know.
Do you have a special talent? Not really anything out of the ordinary...I can write. I can lead groups. I do have a creative side when I need it.
Where were you born? Ohio
If you decide to play, let me know so I can come read your answers.
6 comments:
Enjoyed your meme. I NEVER have shoes on in the house either!!!
Susan
Thank you, thank you! You are so kind and sweet to include me. You rock! I am enjoying getting to know you better too.
Thanks for the recognition. Who doesn't need encouragement?? I know I do - so thanks!
I might do this one! I have answered a bunch of these questions before - but there are a few I haven't - and of course, some answers change over time ... and some change from day to day! LOL! I'll snatch it and see when I need it! :)
Thanks for the award - you're sweet! How are you liking "Twilight"? I just ordered it from Amazon and am wondering where it should go in my to be read pile!
I did this meme this morning - so fun! :) Glad to steal it from ya. ;)
I'm a bit overwhelmed right now, but haven't seen this particular meme, and they are easy questions to answer, so will be stealing them from you soon:)
You asked awhile back about "which" blog. This is the one. For sure. No more moving. Promise!
http://www.write-from-the-heart.com
Post a Comment