I haven't felt much like blogging since Wednesday for multiple reasons. I kept thinking I'd get on and type, "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all." Since I wanted to go no further than that, I decided to say nothing. Until now. This morning, I was laying in bed praying for our day, for my family, and such and I felt that familiar nudge, "It's time to get out of the funk and be thankful!" So here I am. And what better way than to complete a Sunday Seven? 1. I needed the time change yesterday. It was a blessing to wake up slowly this morning and know that time was on my side.
2. Today is the day that I get to mentor a young single Mother at the church. We are having a meal as our service. I made two "Make Your Own Yogurt Parfait" baskets. I saw this at a meeting I attended recently and loved it as something different to bring to carry-in meals.
3. DH comes home on Tuesday night and will be home through the holidays. I'm happy about that.
4. I am hoping to go price floor coverings this week. I really want to change out some old carpet for a wood floor.
5. I turned on the music on TV this morning and the first station had Doris Day singing Christmas music. I love Christmas music! It was a blessing to hear it and know that it's that wonderful time of the year.
6. Yesterday the weather really changed here. I opened all the windows for the first time in months. I love that feeling of getting fresh air in the house.
7. My boys bless me so much. I was whining to a couple of them last night and they pretty much told me to get over it. I love them and the wonderful ways each of them take part in our family--both here and extended.
Have a FANTASTIC DAY! I'm going to....
10 comments:
Hmmm....some of that blue funk made it's way to Virginia. I think we are having a physical letdown from all the stress, strain and emotional baggage we've been carrying for so long. I love your boys "get over it mom" outlook. Hope you have a restful Sabbath.
Hi Susan, What a funky mood I am in today too !!!!I have been coming down with a cold all week ; plus I am tired from taking care of my little ones this week-end..Not that I don't love them --- only that I am not as young as I was taking care of small kids...I am going to Wal-mart and buy me some night time cold medicine.
Hope your week goes well.Love ya,
Baba
Wow... it must be in the lingering air... but here comes the new fresh air... your way.. from our Heavenly Father...
so...are you in Time-out?? LOL..I stay there some days...smile
but praise HIM...
glad you are feeling better or I would report you to the Highest Authority...Peter, Moses.. Someone!!!! snort giggle..
feeling better yet??
I'm coming down to go floor shopping with you! LOL! I've been 'priming' the walls in our big room so I can paint them THEN get new 'hardwood' floors put in. Right now, half is concrete, half is the part of the carpet we haven't ripped out yet. I'm going for the wood laminate stuff that's easier to care for LOL!
"Count your blessings,
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God hath done
Count your blessings,
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God hath done!"
Glad to see your update...was getting worried!! Could have called...right??!! I too am thankful for the cooler weather...sure is a welcome change.
Hope your day went well.
LY Guys...C
Awwwwww... you know... the next time you don't wanna say anything nice, just come here and say "I need a hug." ... that's all... nothing more. We'll take care of ya!
I hope you had fun with the single Mom this morning! I'm sure SHE had fun!
I laughed because your number 7 and my number 6 were so similar! You've got GOOD boys Susan! You ARE blessed!
It's so easy to get a case of the doldrums!! Your Sunday Seven shows many blessings to being thankful. I love your son's comment...get over it!! How simple, but great advise.
Glad you are un-funked...sometimes it is hard to get out of that mode.
Have fun pricing floors...I really love our hardwood and it is easier to keep clean than I thought it would be. We already have a few dings and nicks, but I figure it adds character!
Yogurt parfait baskets sound fun - I sure love eating tham and that would be a fun gift/shut in meal idea. If you get a minute, I would love it if you would stop by my blog and let me know what you include in the basket...
Sometimes you just feel like that..just want to be quiet!! Everyone understand that!! You must have great sons..they are keeping their mom in check!! Good!! We are fine here. GREAT weather here too!! Beautiful in fact!! Sandy
I think because I am such an outdoor, naturey kind of gal, the weather really affects my mood. My spirit is so happy and brisk right now. Just like our weather!!
Enjoy!
Post a Comment