
If you've been reading this blog for a while, then you might remember my Ducky Day back in September when DS 2 turned 18. You may even remember the photos I posted here. I'd love to tell you that the duck story really WAS completely over. In fact, I thought it was until tonight.
I got home from work late and brought the mail in to peruse. I opened an envelope with our address but no return address. I should have just thrown it in the junk pile, but I didn't. It turned out to be our neighborhood association newsletter. It has the usual stuff..."Only water on Thursdays." "Clean your yards." "If you want painted, you have to get approval." Ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. Then, it caught my eye...the word in CAPS at the bottom left side: DUCKS.
Here's what it says (I've kept errors intact for you to see):
I got home from work late and brought the mail in to peruse. I opened an envelope with our address but no return address. I should have just thrown it in the junk pile, but I didn't. It turned out to be our neighborhood association newsletter. It has the usual stuff..."Only water on Thursdays." "Clean your yards." "If you want painted, you have to get approval." Ya-da-ya-da-ya-da. Then, it caught my eye...the word in CAPS at the bottom left side: DUCKS.
Here's what it says (I've kept errors intact for you to see):
DUCKS--Per the Fish and Wildlife
We should not be feeding the ducks. Now due to the feeding, the Muskovy Duvk has found a home here and now we have a problem, with them. They are aggressive, dirty, polluting the lakes and sitting on top of the lanai cages damaging the screens
(Heather the writer of our newsletter MAY be a distant relative of your letter-writer today!)
Despite the errors, all I could think was, "WHAT have WE done now???" I have a pesky HOA and I am praying that no one saw the duck on my back porch for the 24 hours it lived here.
I suppose I should make sure DS 2 finally returns the cage so we've removed all evidence of our potential involvement in the "aggressive, dirty, polluting critters" showing up here.
Rest assured, I CAN say:
"No sir, I don't know NOTHIN' about feeding any old duck!" Immediately followed by, "The Debutante did it!"
I suppose I should make sure DS 2 finally returns the cage so we've removed all evidence of our potential involvement in the "aggressive, dirty, polluting critters" showing up here.
Rest assured, I CAN say:
"No sir, I don't know NOTHIN' about feeding any old duck!" Immediately followed by, "The Debutante did it!"
12 comments:
Ah yes, the proliferate discommodius Muskovy Duvk. Hilarious.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! ... *gasp*...
Yeah! Blame it on the Deb!
I have not seen nor fed an old duck.... LOL.. Mums the word...Baba
ROTFL!!!! I really shouldn't laugh, but this is just way too funny!! Zip, Zip, Zip ... what duck?? LOL!
Thanks a bunch for the awesome book suggestions for Sadie. Something told me you would know of a few, LOL. I've added them to my list! :o)
You're right...the authors must be related!
We'll never tell who fed the DUCK!
I can see the headlines now...Deb Ducks the Blame...film at 11! The on going duck saga...you'll have to start a new blog called "just ducky".
Some body stop me PLEASE!
All I can say is... wow!
I am glad I never had to deal with the HOA where we were living.
Yes - quickly get rid of all evidence!!!!
Too funny! So glad we're not currently subject to a HOA.
Talk about hostility toward poor Donald and Daffy! Not to mention apparent hostility to grammar! LOL
Duck? What duck? I didn't see a duck? I didn't hear a duck?
You must be talking about that rabbit... yup that rabbit with the funny nose...
LOL!!! Dispose of the evidence - quick!
Good luck with the HOA!
We have a bunch of ducks living on the canal that runs behind my building. The wonderful teenagers and their considerate friends who live upstairs decided to shoot at the poor things one day! I went out there and was told that they were shooting "non-lethal air pellets." I informed them that they could be arrested for "harassing wildlife and possibly injuring endangered species which is a felony, but they didn't believe me. So I called the police.
They haven't shot at the ducks anymore.
Thanks a bunch for the awesome book suggestions.
Post a Comment