More Info About Me

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oh By the Way...Saturday

It's only 3:49 and I'm EXHAUSTED already. Here's a rundown of our Saturday:

DH and DS 3 went to an airshow. Apparently they were having balloons, boats and planes at this thing. They were up at 4:30am and left by 5:15am. I have to say that you REALLY have to be into the whole airplane thing to get up at that hour on a Saturday.

DS 2 has been sick for two days and broke out into a rash last night. This morning, he woke me up at 6:45am and said his throat was killing him and the rash had spread. The doctor's office has Saturday hours, but no one at the answering service knew if they even answered their phone on Saturdays since it's by appointment only. So, off we went to the urgent care clinic.

To say the doctor there seemed a bit "off" is an understatement. At any rate, he thought it was either strep or mono. Since they did not take our insurance and no one could tell me if the blood test would be covered, and we wouldn't get results until Monday or Tuesday anyway, we took the orders for the blood draw, the perscription for the antibiotic, and came home.

I pulled in long enough to pick up DS 4 who had a soccer game 45 minutes from our house. We pulled out of the driveway at 9:05am for the 10:00am game. He played Goalie the entire game. They tied 2-2 and he played a GREAT game. One Mom commented to me how well he plays and how "fearless he is". I assured her it was from YEARS of older brothers taking shots on you. She agreed that COULD make a difference.

We came home and I headed to the Mall to get my haircut and find a black purse. Tonight is DS 2's Debutante Party with a Roaring 20's theme. Yes, DS 2 is planning to go for at least part of it. DH and I will be going as well. Should be interesting.

While I was at the Mall, DS 2 called and said, "Mom I need a white button down shirt for tomorrow." Of course, I think this just fits the theme lately of me finding out things in very odd ways. I asked why he needed it. And he said, "Because they are taking my picture for the year book since I won Best All Around for my class."

This is just another notch in my "Oh by the way..." belt. I wonder what I'll learn about my children next? And I wonder who will tell it to me? But the most pressing question..."Just how much time will pass between the event and me finding out?"

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You fit a lot into a little time! I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and your son is better soon!

Melli said...

Goooooo DS4!!!

Susan... Trust me on this... if my girls got Best All Around in elementary school I would have heard about it. By High School - not a chance! And the boyz? NEVER! Things like that are just such meaningless occasions in their lives. They are "tokens" that WE get to be proud of - if we find out about them - but the kids think nothing of them!

I dO know how you feel though. Ya know... by the time they are teenagers, their lives are so busy and hectic - usually even MORE hectic than ours between school, extracurricular activies and jobs... they've got so many deadlines and dates they have to remember... it always amazed ME if I got ANY information out of them!!! The only info I got from THEM and not from some other source, was if they needed my signature for something -- or a check! LOL! Hang in there kiddo! It really isn't JUST them!

Mary Jo said...

LOL - it never seems to stop, eh? You'll probably hear about an engagement or something via a myspace. . . Just joking!

Love ya!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well I can say from and "Older Lady" that went through all of these things that THIS TOO SHALL PASS!! one day you will look back or maybe be reading this post and think..."WOW!! to have all of this back again!!" I know right now it does not seem like that but believe me...IT will HAPPEN!! Enjoy this time right now even though it seems so hectic..it is the GOOD TIMES for you as a mother. They will all be gone way too soon.
Sandy

Lazy Daisy said...

I had to laugh as this seems so familiar. Congrats to DS2 ....it is an honor and I'm sure you bought the shirt so mom comes through again....Woo Hoo! Go Mom!