More Info About Me

Sunday, November 25, 2007

DS 3 Made Me Do It...

I'm not feeling all that great today. After church, I came home, laid on the couch and "vegged". While minding my own business, DS 3 was across from me with his laptop and he annonced, "Mom you've really got to blog!" I guess he's tired of seeing my Wednesday post everytime he logs on to see what I might have written about him or his brothers.

He's right.


I, too, have checked my blog over this weekend as if it were going to update on its own! I even secretly found myself wishing I had more comments on my last post. Who am I kidding?


I could do a Sunday Seven, I could do a book review on the book I completed last night, or I could fill you in on the happenings of our family over the past few days. I considered making a slide show, but Rock You was down.


We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at my BIL and SIL, Heather's house. There were 18 of us in all celebrating together. This was the first time in about 10 or more years that this group has been together on Thanksgiving. Thank you, Dave and Heather, for hosting a lovely day.


On Friday, DH got up earlier than me to go shopping at Home Depot and some other places. I was about 30 minutes behind him, and much less motivated. I was home by 9:30am and only went back out once to take DS 2.


Saturday morning, I went to the gym for a much-needed After-Thanksgiving workout. In the afternoon we went to my Dad's to visit with my brother, Dan, who is in town for a couple of weeks. It's always fun to go over to the golf course outside their house for a little football. Last night, we got to see this hawk while we were out there. I'm sorry it is a little blurry.


When I think about Thanksgiving, I think about my blessings. And those blessings start with my family. And because of that my weekend has been blessing after blessing after blessing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are beginning to feel better. We have all caught something over these past two weeks and now it is working on my husband. The best thing you can do is just sit on the couch and veg and drink lots of orange juice. Unless it's just bloggers block...in that case...don't worry about it. We will all wait for you to light up our Google Readers ;) Curious about what book you just finished reading. I am fixin' to start Infidel.

Anonymous said...

Perfect summary of the weekend...our family is truely blessed. Sorry I wasn't out to see the hawk..picture isn't too bad. I hear him almost everyday though. I enjoyed the pics of the boys for Thanksgiving days past..really cute! Looking forward to the rest of the Holidays..and now for you to feel better and get back that endless energy you usually have this time of year! :-)
LY...C

Heather said...

We're so glad you came. I loved the whole kicked back aspect of Thanksgiving~

Oh, and because you KNOW I can't resist...

GO GATORS!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I found your site...but I love reading your posts. I am a teacher too and find your posts refreshing!
I also love your book reviews!

Anonymous said...

LOL, well at least you haven't been hiding from your blog as long as I have. :o) I'm sorr to hear you're feeling icky, though. I was up sick one night last night. Not a good feeling.

So glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. How great it is to be so blessed with such a wonderful family.

Linda said...

It's ok to veg out!!! I keep telling myself that. Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving with family.

Anonymous said...

Blessing after blessing. I feel the same way about my weekend. I guess that's the perfect way to feel during this time of year!

heidi @ ggip said...

I think not many people were blogging over the weekend. I definitely took some tiem off too. Glad you had a good holiday!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I know how it is not to feel too well!! I have hurt my right knee somehow?? It is swollen and it is hurting horribly!! i have to wait for my doctor to make an appt. with an orthopedist!! Just makes me so mad!!
I think so many are busy lately so don't worry about not posting...Hope you are better. Sandy