We had a lovely "pizza buffet" out at my Aunt Sandy's our first night in town. I'm telling ya' this crew can put away some pizza! It's always so fun going out there and hanging out at her place in the country. Relaxing and filled with fun and laughter.
DH flew his own plane up on Friday to join us. He spent time taking everyone who wanted to go for a short ride around the city and country. Here you see DS 3 and my brother SQUEEZED into the back ready for flight!
Here's the crew meeting the plane after a flight. I think in all there were four flights that day filled with happy passengers!

Now one of the things we love to do when visiting our hometown is to go to the cemetary. It's just so inviting and interesting. We visit the graves of our family members that have gone on before us. This year, we found something new waiting for us there...DSs 2 and 3 thought it was a HOOT and decided to model the sign for us. For those of you who can't make this photo bigger, let me tell you the sign says: "Special Offer: Buy one grave, get the second grave free." So here the boys are showing you who ended up with the FREE one:
On Sunday, we met at a local park for the picnic to celebrate my Grandmother's upcoming 90th birthday. Here is a picture of her immediate family with children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren....This is only a fraction of the people who attended this special event for this very special lady.
Here's my grandmother, in the chair with her sister.
Here is another treat we got over the weekend...we got to my brother Dan's new GF. It's so neat to see the two of them enjoy each other and be so happy!
So there you have it....Parts 1 and 2 of "Where We've Been...". Hope all's well in blogger land!

4 comments:
90?! Wow, a definite reason to celebrate. Great photos.
Hugs,
Kat
I always love your blogs because you have photos and I love photos.
It looks like you all had a great time!
Buy one, get one free?! That's hilarious but also not... :-)
I see where you read Rick Bragg's book. I live in Alabama, not too far from where he grew up. My husband and I heard him speak locally awhile back and I was intrigued enough to read "All Over." I just read "Ava's Man" not too long ago and I think I liked it better than "Shoutin'".
You guys always have so much fun when your family gets together! I can FEEL the love!
Post a Comment