Two weeks ago today we left on vacation. Here's a little photo synopsis of what we did:
First, we headed to Indiana to see my friend Suzi. On the way to Atlanta, DS 3, DS 4 and LG and I stopped in Mammoth Cave, KY to explore a bit. It was LG's first time in a cave and the boys don't really remember going into this one several years ago. We had a GREAT time taking pics and enjoying this amazing site.

After Mammoth Cave, it was up to Lebanon, IN for several days. We love the small town flavor of Suzi's sweet town...but it's also quite accessible to some very FUN places. While there we visited the Children's Museum one day. This museum is absolutely incredible. Here is DS 4 preparing a rock climb.
Here's LG playing in the Barbie exhibit...
And here's DS 3 doing his best Ken impression:
Then we took a trip to Chicago and on the way stopped at Fair Oaks Farm...a FABULOUS educational dairy farm where we actually watched a calf being born and learned about this intricate system...We played a lot too!


Here's LG playing in the Barbie exhibit...
And here's DS 3 doing his best Ken impression:
Then we took a trip to Chicago and on the way stopped at Fair Oaks Farm...a FABULOUS educational dairy farm where we actually watched a calf being born and learned about this intricate system...We played a lot too! Here is DS 3 and LG with Suzi's son, W. They are "overseeing" the play area.
Here is DS 3 taking a turn playing when he really shouldn't be! Come on, J, don't you think you're a bit big for this tractor??? Maybe he's just foreshadowing what he'd like to drive in a few weeks when he turns 16...I'm thinkin' John Deere green looks good on him!
And here's DS 4 enjoying the jumping thing that resembles an inverted moon bounce! I cannot show the pic of me falling off this very same jumping thing into the rocks much to the amusement of my DS 3. Nope. Nor can I show the picture of me unable to stand up on the thing while DS 3 jumped and threw me up in the air!

Then it was off to Chicago....my VERY FAVORITE city!! The kids had never been there before and I'm telling ya, we jam packed our 24 hour visit with SO MUCH of the city.
Here is DS 3 taking a turn playing when he really shouldn't be! Come on, J, don't you think you're a bit big for this tractor??? Maybe he's just foreshadowing what he'd like to drive in a few weeks when he turns 16...I'm thinkin' John Deere green looks good on him!
And here's DS 4 enjoying the jumping thing that resembles an inverted moon bounce! I cannot show the pic of me falling off this very same jumping thing into the rocks much to the amusement of my DS 3. Nope. Nor can I show the picture of me unable to stand up on the thing while DS 3 jumped and threw me up in the air!

In no particular order...
We rode the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. OK DSs 3, 4, LG and I did. Suzi and W stayed on the ground.
LG and I spent a morning in American Girl getting all the pampering that we could for LG and her doll.
We took a carriage ride through the city at night.
And, of course, we went to the top of the John Hancock Building AFTER eating at Ed Debevic's with Suzi's friend Dr. Beth.
After taking this whirlwind trip, the kids and I had to prepare to head over to Ohio for "vacation part II". I'll share that in a later post.
LG and I spent a morning in American Girl getting all the pampering that we could for LG and her doll.
We took a carriage ride through the city at night.
And, of course, we went to the top of the John Hancock Building AFTER eating at Ed Debevic's with Suzi's friend Dr. Beth.
After taking this whirlwind trip, the kids and I had to prepare to head over to Ohio for "vacation part II". I'll share that in a later post.
4 comments:
Susan, I LOVE Chicago too!! I've only been once, but once was enough for me to realize how much I love it. One of these days, we'll get back out there again! :) Looks like your family had a great trip - can't wait to see more pictures!
Looks like tons of fun. You know, everytime I look at LG, I am so thankful for YOU and the difference you are making in her life. Did I tell you my husband was a foster child? Taken in at age 11, lived with his foster family until he went to college and they are who he calls his parents & brother. Who my children call their grandparents. You are a hero to me. God bless you all!
Susan- it looks like you had so much fun on your trip! I love that you took LG to the American Girl store! That must have been so much fun and something she NEVER would have experienced if it weren't for your guys! I have the Kirsten doll (obviously) and the Samantha doll and would love to go there (even as an adult!) I'm so glad you got a change of scenery and fun memories with the fam! See you soon!
I love a family that knows how to have a good time together! Chicago is a fantastic place for fun - that's where we went for vacation this year too. Loved all your photos!!
Post a Comment