DS 1 has moved back home for a semester. He is being sent to several "schools" through the Army. Right now he is away in SC for 15 days to get some kind of warrior training. Let me say this definitely shows my "female-ness" cause my DH and the other boys all know exactly how to describe this training in very macho sounding terms. One thing I do know is that this will promote him to a Sgt. I am so proud of him and happy that he's going to be able to get some of these experiences under his belt.
DS 2 moved to Tampa to go to school at USF. He hit a snafu in his plan last night after meeting with an advisor. It's at these times, when they face hurdles, that you really get glimpses into their character. DS 2 is doing his best to come up with an alternate plan and keep moving himself forward at the same time. I love what my DH told him, "This little blip on the screen does not define your life." It does, however, further define the man he is becoming. Today, I'm praying for an extra dose of direction and favor for him.
DS 4 started middle school. Middle school. It's so hard for me to believe that he's there on one hand. But on the other hand, we've been waiting a long time for it! He came home ready to organize notebooks, did his homework, and was excited about his day. I find this age is the time I am praying more and more for their experiences, their friends, and the adults that will be part of their village. Speaking of his village, he is in a multi-age program that the older boys also were in. He will have the same four teachers for his entire middle school program and he is in class with 7th and 8th graders. I love this. They know our family. They know our older boys. It just makes it a bit less mysterious.
LG started 3rd grade yesterday. She LOVED it! Her teacher is such a bright spot at our school and I KNOW she'll be a bright spot in LG's life. She also taught at least one (if not both) of LG's brothers, so she knows her biological family...which helps too. LG came home and told me all about it. And then as she'd remember a new detail, she'd add it later on. I have to say this is where girls are so much different than boys. The boys kind of ooze details in slow motion if they give them at all. Girls, though, tell you every. single. detail.
So, there you have it...they may not all be in the nest, but they all report IN to the nest and for that, I will be forever grateful!
5 comments:
You have obviously done a great job raising (and continuing to raise) your children. I hope they each have a great year.
Awww!! Thanks Susan! I LOVE having LG in my class. SHE is a bright spot in MY day! We are going to have such a wonderful year together! It has to be weird having DS 4 in middle school! I still can't believe it! We are surviving week #1- rain and all! See you tomorrow! :)
Treasure up that nest time, 'cause the day will come when they actually fly. I'm there and it is exciting and sad all at the same time. I only cried once today, so far, but we take kid #3 and she's our youngest- to a four hour away college tomorrow. Th-th-th-tha-t's All Folks!!! Now what am I gonna do? That's the question.
School already! Mine has a couple of weeks to go before he starts. He's in his 3rd year B of Sc. My other three boys are on their own or married. Never had a little girl, but I had to laugh at her detail. Must be kind of nice sometimes. My boys talk? Not!
Your children sound so wonderful! I know you are proud of all of them. So glad LG is doing well at school. I am about to discover the difference between boys and girls with regards to school info. My Best Girl starts Monday, and I am sure I will know much more from her than I do from her brother! Like you said, the info comes slowly from him. With her, I am sure it will flow freely!
Post a Comment