More Info About Me

Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's True...

Last night I posted this as my Facebook status:

"I can see the hoop.  I just don't feel like jumping right now."

Yesterday I realized just how MANY hoops I jump through daily.  Heck we ALL do it. There is nothing inherently special about my life or my hoops that make it all that different than the next person's.  And most of the time what is required are just "fact-of-life" type jumps that we do because we know it's the right thing.

I have to say that I am facing some hoops that I know I have no choice but to go through.  I know that I have to jump and complete each task that the individual hoop requires.  But there's one problem.  I don't feel like jumping.  I've even made a running start a couple of times only to come up empty and unable to press on through.

I need a little motivation, chutzpah, and strength and I'll be fine.  But for now, I think I'll just stand for a few more moments and refuse to jump!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm kidda of feeling like that myself today :o( This oppresive heat is getting to us....and then I think of our military in the 120's in the desert and I think, "How dare I!!". One thing for sure, Susan....we know those hoops will be waiting for us and we WILL jump through them!!!!

Edie said...

I'm with you!!! :)

I'm preparing to send your little package. Will let you know when it's actually in the mail. At least it has made it to the package. Progress is good. LOL!

Have a great weekend!