More Info About Me

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some days are diamonds...

I know I'm dating myself when I reference a John Denver song here...but the song that has rolled around my head today is "Some days are diamonds, some days are stone." It's not so much for the extended lyrics which are the musings of a jilted lover when he consider how life has been "without her"...but his answer is appropriate for many situations beyond lost love:

"Some days are diamonds some days are stones--Sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone--Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones--Some days are diamonds some days are stones."

This is the thing though...we can fixate on the stone OR we can look for the gems that are often found inside!

Whether it's a diamond day, or a stone day, may we all find the gems that surround us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are finding the "Sunnyside!" So glad.