More Info About Me

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Tid-bits

I know it's Tuesday, but we had yesterday off, so it feels like Monday to me. It was so beautiful outside yesterday, but I didn't really get OUT. I did, however, enjoy the sunshine streaming through my windows.

Here are a few of the thoughts rolling around my head:

--I found myself really thinking about the blessing of being in a marriage that has lasted so long. We talked a bit on Sunday about how long marriages are a reflection of God's love for people. I believe that. And when I really think that I am IN one of those long marriages, it blesses me.

--My DS 3 took a 29 mile bike ride yesterday. He is really enjoying exploring and discovering new places on his bike. And he's getting quite fit in the process. It's fun to watch him do new things.

--His first track meet is this week. He's pole vaulting again and working quite hard at it. I can't wait to go see it!

--I lost a notebook that has some very important paperwork for school. It has me a bit frustrated, but I'm hopeful I'll find it in the next few days. Otherwise, I'm going to have to "fess up" to someone here at school.

--Tonight is class 7 of our ten week foster/adoption class. I am not going to lie, I'll be quite glad when I can have my Tuesday nights back again!

--I am thinking seriously about making a commitment to read some of the "classics" (books) that I have never read. The problem is, I don't really want to add one more "to-do" to my list. Instead, I think I'll consider it a journey that I'm going to take...that way there's no deadline to meet.

Well, that's all from my head right now. Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far.


2 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

A good book is like a journey. Enjoy the trip.

Melli said...

Several Summers ago I made that journey through the old classics. The following summer (this has obviously been MANY summers ago) I committed to watching some of the old classic movies I had never seen. Even then I found the books MUCH more fun than the movies! I do think it is a GRAND Summer reading project though... I have still never read War & Peace though... and I know NOW that I never will. I have tried 3 times and 3 times it bored me to tears... so sadly, that one will remain unknown to me.

I will pray for your notebook to be found.