More Info About Me

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Deep Thoughts for a Wednesday....

This morning DS 4, LG and I were on the way to work, DS 4 and I had an interesting conversation:

As we passed under the interstate, DS 4 said, "Mom, you know how homeless people sometimes crawl up in the slope of the bridge and sleep?"

I said, "Yes."

He said, "I don't think you could get a peaceful night's sleep like that. I mean it must be so loud. I wonder how many of them go deaf or at least hard of hearing."

I told him that I wasn't sure about that, but I was sure it would be hard to sleep with traffic passing overhead.

Then he said, "I wonder what dreams they had as children. I mean it must be really sad to be homeless and know that they probably dreamed big when they were little."

Yes, son, that is quite sad.

I teared up...not so much because of broken dreams of the homeless...but because this young man has such a heart of compassion!

The song that is making it's way through my heart and mind today is Leeland and Brandon Heath: Follow You.

Leeland - Follow You with special guest Brandon Heath (official video) from Provident Label Group on Vimeo.




3 comments:

Melli said...

Darn! The song is not playing for me... the video either.

Those were some very profound thoughts for such a young one! I love it when they think in compassionate ways like that.

I hope things are going well...

KrippledWarrior said...

From the mouths of babes.

Unknown said...

That is truly touching. I know you are proud of his outward focus.