More Info About Me

Friday, December 04, 2009

Friday Fave Five

Some of my blogging friends play this meme. I've done it once or twice and thought I'd jump back in today. The host is Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. In this meme, we share our five favorite things from the past week. If you would like to play along just post your 5, link back to Susanne and visit her to see who else is playing along.

1. I LOVE it that DH and DS 3 took LG flying the other day. I put a pic of her on my Wordless Wednesday. DH said she couldn't go steep enough or fast enough. She laughed and had a ball.

2. I had a great planning meeting this week with our Servant Evangelism team at church. Some of these people are new. We had a brainstorming session and have some awesome outreach events planned for the coming months! If someone would have told me a few years ago that this is the ministry into which I would fall, I would have told them they were CRAZY!
Here I am, though, loving it.
3. LG and I went shopping for several needy kids at our school. She was so taken by the Salvation Army bell ringer outside. It was almost as if she's never seen one (which is possible). When I explained what he was doing, she asked, "Can WE give some money to help?" I told her we could. She seemed to be so excited to put the money in the tin. It was sweet to watch.
4. Last night, DS 4 performed with our school's "song and dance kids" at our local art museum. He was Santa. It was fun to go watch them and enjoy the evening outside under the stars!




5. This week I'm especially thankful for my DH. He is such an amazing husband and I love him for so many reasons. This week, though, we are still without our regular housekeeper (which I know sounds weird)...but DH has been keeping up with the house and the laundry and the cooking. He does this when she's here anyway, but he's having to go above and beyond his amazing norm. On top of that, he ran the gymnastics shuttle for LG last night so that I could take DS 4 to his performance. I love him and am thankful for all he does for all of us.


9 comments:

Jenna's Scribbles said...

Looks like you've had a great week!

Melli said...

Susan, you're wearin' me out! LOL! But ya know - sometimes I am jealous of your busy lifestyle! I remember so well when MINE was like that - and I thought "will it EVER end?" I do enjoy my more laid back lifestyle now - but occasionally it's nice to run run run! And yea - your hubby is phenomenal - and you can tell him I said so!!!

Carrie said...

=) What a great list. I'm grinning over your little girl's flying enthusiasm. =) That's pretty cool!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of your son as Santa! Those pics are a keeper for sure!
Those Salvation Army bell ringer can teach kids a lot about giving. Very sweet!
Great to have you doing Fav Five today BTW! :)

Lisa notes... said...

How fun to go flying! That's not one that most people can post.
Glad you're being blessed with your ministry.
Sounds like you have a great man. I have one too and am so thankful. Blessings on your weekend!

RA said...

What a wonderful week for everyone! I think it is so lovely that you went shopping for the needy kids at school. We really have to teach our children to love and care since early age. Congrats on your sons performance! Have a great weekend, Susan :).

Willow said...

Great FFF! I agree with Melli. I couldn't keep up with you!

Have a great weekend.

Susanne said...

Love the look on her face in the plane. You can tell she's so excited.

Isn't it great how God fits us in where He wants us if we are but willing even when it's something we could never think or imagine for ourselves. Loved reading about that.

Enjoyed reading all your favorites!

Karen said...

It was fun reading your list of things you enjoyed this past week!