On Tuesday we learned that a co-worker's husband had suddenly passed away during a hospital procedure. He wasn't sick. He had some swelling over the weekend and was in the hospital to be checked out. It was quick and completely unexpected.
Yesterday we received an update on another colleague that has been out for a few weeks now. Initially we heard that she was going to have "back surgery". Then we heard things were "not good". Now we found out that she is in stage 4 cancer and has been moved into a Hospice house.
Then last night I came home to learn more about the Ft. Hood massacre.
Life is precious. When I reflect on these lives, the two I know/knew and those I don't, I immediately think about faith. I only know these people on an acquaintance/collegial level. I really know nothing at all about what's inside. I don't know what they believe or don't believe.
I am certain that my faith is what would sustain me through a difficult time such as this. And I know that God cares for those who have lost a husband, father, grandfather. He also cares deeply for those who are in the final stages of life. And He loves each person that witnessed, was injured, and/or died in the horrible tragedy on an army base yesterday.
My prayer is that somehow, in these days of change, that He will be revealed to each of these people in some tangible way. And, my prayer also is that if I can somehow reach out and share that love, that I will. Because one thing is for sure, a missed opportunity could only add to the tragedies!
5 comments:
Susan... I can't imagine you ever missing an opportunity! I know we ALL do - but you are just sooooo out there to people!
I'm really sorry to hear about your acquaintances ... and the Fort Hood thing was just sad allllllll the way around! Like you, I pray some good comes from it! In His name...
Unfortunately we have to add a fourth tragedy to this week too, with the Orlando shooting today. Gosh.
It's so sad. Life really is precious. And it's hard in times like these, where (even if you don't know/ don't really know the people) you want to do something to help but there's nothing we can do. Besides pray. I really hope and pray all the events this week really lead some people to turn to God in this time.
Life certainly IS precious, and ETERNAL life is amazing. I hope, like you, that your colleagues will look toward their Creator.
Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf, Susan. My mother passed so peacefully, and there are no words to describe how grateful I am.
Love and hugs,
Catherine
What a blessing you are Susan.
Wow that's a lot in one week. I don't know how I endured life without Christ. I'm so thankful that I have Him to lean on.
I am praying for all of those people and the many more that were touched by tragedy this week. Hang in there, Susan. I know that you bring light and joy and comfort to many even in times of sorrow.
Post a Comment