More Info About Me

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Why whine when we're blessed?

I have to tell you, I can be a whiner sometimes. I try not to do it. I try to keep my chin up and not complain. But occasionally the whine slips through my filter and right out into the open.

If you read my last post, then you know that I've been a little stressed at work. I know that ultimately my moving is the "right thing"...but it DOES NOT make it easy. And it doesn't mean that I am not a bit emotional over the whole thing. It would be easy to get stuck in the muck and the mire, but I am making the choice to make the best of it and muddle through my emotions to take the next step in location.

I have to say, though, in the last 24 hours I have been the recipient of MORE blessings than I can count. Right in the midst of my whining!

It started with the food delivery and box top pile. Last night, I came home later than usual. My wonderful in-laws had dropped off "Grandma's Kitchen" for us...complete with new foods to taste-test. On the fridge was a note telling us what had been delivered. The thing that really got me was the P.S. from my MIL. She saw a mountain of General Mills Box Tops on my counter that needed to be cut. The P.S. asked if I wanted her to do that for me. I gotta' tell you this simple offer made me cry on the spot! Even though it seemed like a small "mountain"...I had been trying to finish the task admist everything else for a couple of days.

Today, my sweet DS 2 offered to come help me move stuff to my new room. Now please understand that this is the same son who helped move from my old office to my "new old" office just a few months ago. He got his grandfather, my FIL, to come with him. Right when they arrived, it started raining and it did not stop for the rest of the afternoon. Yet, those two did NOT stop! Thanks to them there is only a small bit left to do tomorrow and then I can concentrate on getting stuff put away and organized.

At home I had been preparing to host a Tastefully Simple party for my neighbor who is a consultant. I'd been promising her for months that I would do this. I had several people RSVP and ready to come this evening. DS 3 totally made sure things were ready to "Mom's specifications" around the house before I came home.

At five o'clock, I got a call from my neighbor (the consultant) who told me that she'd been running a fever and was getting worse. She had already had the food ready to go with the help of her family. My party was at 6:30. She said she was going to send it over and let us enjoy it.

I immediately called my friend Sandy who loves to cook. She said not to worry she'd be here to help. And she was....we just faked our way right through the party and had a blast sampling and tasting the stuff. My friends are simply the best as they didn't care either way...they are so flexible and helpful and just all around super people.

After they left, I sat with my boys and once again reflected on all my blessings. I think I'll count them tonight as my head hits the pillow...as I sing "You'll fall asleep counting your blessings!"

Night!




5 comments:

kt said...

YAY! It's always a 'blessing' when we count our blessings--isn't it? :-)

Susan said...

Blessed in deed!!!!
Susan

Melli said...

Yes you are! I've said it many times. You're also good at recognizing it! SOME people are so blessed and don't even know it! But you are BLESSED by knowing you are!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were certainly blessed with lots of help. I am thankful for my blessings everyday too...and YOU are certainly one of them! LY...C

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have wonderful family and friends! It is easy to let the whine slip through, but you are remembering to find the positive!