This summer I moved it all to a new portable. My "old one" was being taken away by the district to be used in other places. So, DSs 2 and 3 helped me move over the course of two days. I spent several days this summer fixing it up and preparing it for both kids I would teach and teachers I would train. My boss even commented the first week of school how nice it looked.
Last week we found out that we are gaining two teaching units. One of them is at the grade level that is surrounding my current "home away from home". I do not teach in the regular classroom, I do a lot of support work. There really is no other "logical" place for the new teacher to go.
So, here I move again!
I am undoing what has been freshly done. I'd like to tell you that my attitude has been positive and willing the entire time. And, certainly for the most part I know that you do what it takes to make the entire thing work. I'm still sad, though.
Today I will be schlepping stuff once again. This time without boxes--because I had already disposed of them all.
Hence the title of this post. I need that kind of step-by-step "eating the elephant" thinking right now. It's how I plan to get through the next few days and accomplish the task set before me. The thing is, I know that the task is much bigger than moving stuff. I know that it's also about being an example with my attitude, my talk and my actions.
I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....
5 comments:
I never cease to be amazed as the multitude of ways God uses to teach us, and as you say, give us an opportunity (test?) to see if we pass it. I know you will, Susan, with flying colors!!!!
Susan
Be strong. You can do it - I'm sure you are more than frustrated and annoyed, but with a smile firmly planted on your face, you will overcome... or you'll choke the first person who says something stupid.
It's all good.
Yea.... once the decision is made and the outcome inevitable, there really is nothing left to do but be a good sport about it. I'm sorry you're losing your space though... I hope your new space is just as nice when it's all done!
Best wishes for your new school year. I'm sure you're anxious for October when you are a little more settled....but try to enjoy at least a few moments in each day!
Marilyn
So sorry you had to do this. I got bumped from my portable the second year I was a Reading Recovery teacher. We were "temporarily" moved to the conference room, and we were still working out of boxes from there in December! I hope you are through the worst of the move and getting settled!
Post a Comment