I read this quote today and I thought it was what I needed:
"Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it." Ralph Waldo Emerson
I wonder how much of my life HAS been wasted while I've sat in doubt or coward in fear? It's true that step by step and inch by inch we have to move forward and do the "right thing" in the moment. I would add, though, when we mess up--that's when we have to accept the grace that is extended to us.
2 comments:
This fits in so well with what I posted about a couple of days ago. I love it when God works that way.
Susan
Cool quote. Hope you are doing well and accomplishing everything you need to do.
Hugs,
Mary
Post a Comment