More Info About Me

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday--FUNday!

Another week comes to an end. Or is Sunday the beginning for you? Honestly, I know it comes at the front side of all my calendars, but I think of it as the end of the week. Maybe that's because I work on Monday. I don't know.

Either way I love Sunday. It is the day we go to church and worship. It is often a day of family and laughter. Today it will be a day of all of these. We are headed to church this morning. After that, we are headed to our local beach to give away free hotdogs, chips and cold water. This is part of our servant evangelism here in our city. When people ask WHY it's free? We say, "Its our way of saying God loves you!" Sometimes that is the end of the interaction and others it opens up the door for some excellent conversation.

In other parts of my brain I have been so reflective this past week. I don't know if it's just one of those times when I am a bit melancholy or what. It could even be the fact that we've read and heard about some families in our area experiencing some tragic losses. Whatever the impetus, I think it's good to stop and really count our blessings. As I do that, I realize that my needs really are very few and my "wants" become so minor in the face of all I have.

By way of updates:
  • DS 1 got to attend the UofF and UT football game yesterday. I think it was his first time. I'm sure he had a great time.
  • DS 2 played Ultimate Frisbee yesterday for one of the state teams. They will now go to sectionals in Atlanta.
  • DS 3 is planning to be in his school's airband competition. Thank goodness they are no longer planning to perform Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice Baby". Can't reveal what they ARE going to do.
  • DS 4 was pricing out an Escalade Hybrid yesterday...yes, you read that right. He's still my dreamer...and, at 10yo, thinks that he could have one when he's 16. Whatever!?!
  • DH is planning his next round of consulting. It's going to be pretty extensive. I'm so glad he is able to continue doing what he loves.
  • I had an opportunity to really get out and surf some new blogs yesterday. I haven't done that in forever. It's such a blessing to meet and discover new bloggers!
That's pretty much it from my neck of the woods! Happy Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

Susan! I was BLESSED by coming over here this morning!

I love finding other Christian Women Bloggers in Florida!!!

SusanD said...

Greetings Susan, Mine was one of the new blogs you visited yesterday, and I'm so glad you did. I've enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to learning more about you. Blessings, SusanD

Melli said...

I love your church's outreach! I just LOVE it!

Do NOT squelch DS4's hopes! THAT boy MAY come up with the bucks! All ya gotta do is WANT to! LOL! Derek had a friend who verrrrrrry badly wanted to go to a certain VERY EXPENSIVE skate-board camp one summer. He needed $1000. Of course, Derek wanted to go to - but all he did was BEG me. Scott's mom told him that if he could raise the money, she would let him go. Scott got ahold of the local "pizza sales" people and arranged to sell pizzas door to door! He told people what it was for - that it was NOT to help the school or any organization... but people LIKE those pizzas and they bought them! Guess who got to go to that camp that summer!? Derek was sooooooo jealous! If DS4 starts sellin' pizza NOW, he might make it!!! LOL!