More Info About Me

Monday, September 28, 2009

My Weekend Window

Let me first say that I WISH this is what it looked like outside my windows! It doesn't look anything like this, though...only in my mind!



What a busy weekend! Friday night was the "FCAT Dance". This is the dance that my school does for kids who score well on FCAT. It's part of a huge incentive program. It's a fun time especially because our former fifth graders, now in middle school, come back for it.

There's my DS 4 and his friend K. I have to tell you her face tells it all in this picture. Most of the time I would look for him, he was surrounded by girls.


I knew there was trouble when one came out of the posse crying! So I asked him, "A, are you causing the girls trouble?" He said, "I'm not doing anything!" I rephrased the question: "Are they upset over you?" To which he replied, "Yeah, they're fighting over me. I don't get it. All I want to do is dance!" I think the writing is on the wall with this young man. I need to fasten my seatbelt for sure!


Saturday night we hosted our church's first "Partycipate"...a sort of membership party for about 20 people at our house. It was a great time to get to know some people who have been coming that we didn't know as well yet.

I made my first ever homemade salsa and guacamole. Both turned out pretty well...according to my DS 2. I think it's so funny how everyone hangs out in the kitchen even when you have other spaces for people to spread out!

We will host another one of these this coming Friday. Now I'm trying to decide if I should do a different menu, or keep the one we used on Saturday???

Yesterday DS 4 and I headed up to Tampa to see my family. My brother, Dan, is getting ready to head back to Texas next week. It was good to visit with him and the rest of the family just casually before the hectic holidays start up!

I LOVED watching Amazing Race last night. This is one show that I really enjoy. So that is how I ended my weekend last night!

Now, it's time for a new and very busy work, school, and church week and the beginning of October. I have to say that THIS is what signals to me that I can start putting up my Fall decor. We will be getting all that down tonight. My boys know this is one of the things that keeps "Mama happy"!

Have a great week, everyone!


1 comment:

samurai said...

The leaves aren't changing like that already where you are... are they?!?

It sounds like you all had a pretty full weekend. 8) Hope you are recovering nicely at work. ;)

pGiM! \o/

Geaux Panthers... and i am sorry to see the Bucs took such a wallop. 8(