Today, though, I learned a bit more about my patrols that help me. These are fifth grade students who open car doors and greet students. During a lull in the traffic, I overheard A telling R, "Yeah, the dog bit me on the head and almost went right through to my brain!"
She said, "Wow, that must have hurt!"
He replied, "Yeah it did. Do you think that's why I'm weird?"
Being ever aware of self esteem conversations, I said, "A, I don't think you're weird!"
R looked at us both and said, "Yeah, we're all weird in one way or another. So, you're fine."
And there you have it folks....a sweet little lesson from a fifth grader (who has more wisdom in her small body than some adults I know) to start your week!
Have a good one!
5 comments:
Too cute! Isn't it amazing how profound kids can be?
Well, you all might be weird... but I'm not! ;-)
*smile* Thank you for sharing this today.
It looks that our two teams are fighting to see who can bring up the rear in the might NFC South! At least i will be able to watch my team on primetime next Monday... and here's to hoping that the Cowboys continue their turnover ways one more week!
Kids are so cool..they say what they think and don't think about it..it just pops out of their mouths..I think they are so honest..too bad that we learn as we grow NOT to be that way.
Thanks for stopping by..My bruising is getting better but I still hurt..Oh well..Old is the word me thinks..
Sandy
I think I may be weirder than most, however. Heehee. Great post.
reat! so now I'm weird AND a dork? I KNEW it! lol
That's cute anyway.
Post a Comment