These have been two crazy months for us. Spring fever hit me hard and I have done very little blogging and/or blog reading. I had other things that had to take priority and so they did. Since so much has happened in our lives, I'm going to do a person-by-person update:
DS 1 is in Texas finishing up his training for Army National Guard. DS 2 and my DH went out to see him a few weeks ago. They had a great time hanging out and playing disc golf. They went to the Alamo and saw some of the San Antonio sights. DS 1 will come back here in June (after graduation) and begin school at the University of Florida this Fall. He'll remain in the National Guard while he does that, then decide if he wants to fully enlist or not. I'm so proud of him! I just can't wait to see him again...cause I also miss him a great deal.
DS 2 has been busy finishing his first year of college. He's done well. Now he's going to compete in a national acting, modeling, and talent competition this summer. In that competition he'll be seen by hundreds of agents and casting people. I don't know what his future holds, but I sure am excited to watch it. I love it that he continues to learn and grow and seek God's best for him.
DS 3 was selected as the Sophomore Class President. He's doing well and is looking forward to the summer when he'll turn 15 and start DRIVING. It's a little weird, still, for me to think about the fact that he can fly a glider OVER my head and not drive. It will all align soon. Anyway, he's busy working out with his brother and also is developing a love for disc golf.
DS 4 is getting ready to be in the school play this week. They are doing the circus and he is a clown. He has had the opportunity to be trained by "real circus clowns" from clown college. He also tried out for our TV news crew at school and was selected for patrols next year. It's hard for me to believe that he's reached this stage of his life. Yet, I confess...I'm GLAD!!
DH has not traveled too much in recent weeks. He is helping a lot at the church we are attending. We moved to a new building and he is doing a lot of the coordination there. He'll begin traveling more in August...sounds like it'll be a good portion of August through October. Everyday when I come home and he has dinner ready or the laundry done, I know how blessed I am!! A week or so ago, I was thanking God for him and the word "steadfast" kept coming to my mind. The man IS steadfast and I'm so glad!!
As for me, I'm winding up another school year. My job is being eliminated, so it means I'll shift my focus next year. I'm so sad, though, because I have several colleagues who have either lost jobs or been moved to other schools unwillingly. It's a very HARD time in so many companies and organizations...and ours is no different. We do, however, have such a great staff that continues to support those who are having to move or be displaced. Everyday I am so sure that I am still doing exactly what I am called to do. I love that!
I spent a lovely day with my Mom yesterday. I feel a bit guilty that I don't get up there as often as I should. I am thankful for her and for the grace that she extends me regularly.
This week is going to be VERY busy! I am out every. single. night. My boss nominated me for "Literacy Teacher of the Year", so that banquet is tomorrow. I teach Wednesday night. Thursday is the circus. Friday is our carnival. Saturday is our Kindergarten Round-up. Sunday, we
Well, the jury break is over and I am now going to wait some more. I think I'll do a little surfing and try to catch up with some of you.
Have a FABULOUS week!!
12 comments:
I've been following As The Jury Turns on your facebook! ha! I know this is a very busy time of year for you! Thinking of you!
Its good to hear from you again, Susan - and gosh! haven't you been busy!
Glad your boys are doing so well - they sound like an amazing bunch.
Ick--jury duty! i got a notice in the mail for jury duty and I need to submit in writing to get out of it.
I'm sorry about the mood in your job, but you're right it is that way everywhere. It is good that you have support despite the bad times.
You always make me want to catch my breath...I don't how you keep it all together!!! You must be very proud of your children ;)
How IS it that you're allowed to have a computer with you on JURY DUTY? ... weird, me thinks!
Sounds like everybody is just rolling along, rolling along! Busy busy busy ... that's how MY house always is! EVEN now that they're all grown... I wonder what made me think it would change? LOL!
I'm sUre you are very excited to get DS1 back! I didn't realize he was doing the National Guard thing... I thought he was full force signed on for the 3 or 4 year thing... you know... full time... THIS is MUCH better!
One of the gals who came to our Curves when I worked there had a 14 year old daughter who had just gotten her pilots license! It TRULY did amaze me that she was allowed to fly, but not to drive... In Maryland you can't drive until you're 16 - and they keep talking about raising it to 18! (I would have loved to keep my kids from driving until 18 - but if they ever really try it, I think there will be a REVOLT!) On the other hand - there's a lot less TRAFFIC in the sky... LOL!
DS3 is really providing some interest here... it's going to be fun to see (hear about) what he gets going on!
Good luck with all the activity this week! You WILL get back to blogging soon. The lazy hazy crazy days of SUMMER are almost here!!!
Thanks for the newsy update. Been wondering about you.
Susan
Sounds like you all have a lot going on! Your boys seem to all be doing well - I know you are very proud of all of them!
Congrats on your nomination...I know I don't know you in person, but from reading your blog I feel sure you are a fabulous teacher and I am glad other people are giving you the credit that I am sure is due!
I understand those crazy busy weeks all too well...Enjoy the Crash/Rest when it is all over.
Welcome back... am i hearing this right... that you still have a job, but the position you are currently in was eliminated?
*sigh*... Well, i am glad you and your family are well all told...
So good to "hear" from you. I have missed blogging and reading blogs, too. Seems that spring has been a busy time for the world!
Blessings!
What a busy time for you! I understand, I haven't been blogging much either. So glad to hear from you. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
What a great time for me to decide to delve back into blog reading! I show up and don't have to do a lot of searching to find out how everyone is doing!
Sounds like you are very busy and very proud and happy.
God sure is good!
Amy
Sounds like some busy times! Your blog is charming.
Cxx
Post a Comment