Tomorrow culminates a very busy week for me at school. Every year our school (which has an Arts instructional focus) puts on a HUGE production. You might remember a few years ago when DS 4 was in the Jungle Book. He "skipped" last year's production and then got involved again this year for the "Greatest Show on Earth". He was in the clown troupe and loved learning from a "real" Ringling Bros. clown! Here are a couple of pics of him in costume and on stage in the "bucket brigade".
My room has been a dressing room/holding room while we've waited to go on stage this week. This has made for some very interesting photo ops.
The kids had a ball. The teachers are WORN OUT! I have to say, though, I am so thankful that I work in a place that does this sort of thing. It helps kids discover avenues to exercise their creativity and opportunities to showcase their talents.


In addition to our arts focus, we have several families who have traveled (or still travel) with major circuses in our country. One of the neat tributes in this show was a film highlighting photos and video footage of these families in their circus performances.
Two of the families even had their children perform special acts. The Suarez family juggled. And the Wallenda's (of the famous "Flying Wallendas") did tightrope. Isn't that neat?
My room has been a dressing room/holding room while we've waited to go on stage this week. This has made for some very interesting photo ops.
The kids had a ball. The teachers are WORN OUT! I have to say, though, I am so thankful that I work in a place that does this sort of thing. It helps kids discover avenues to exercise their creativity and opportunities to showcase their talents. Just look how BIG the cast was! It truly was a GREAT show!



7 comments:
What a great idea for the kids. A really makes a cute clown...can't wait to see all the pics.
C
Very cute!!! Looks like it was a hit! :)
Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed it very much.
Hi Susan, you and your school always do great projects!! I know how thrilled the kids must have been and the group picture is nice!!!
Your son will like my post for today..a view of a C-130 and a big thanks to all military for Armed Forces Day which is today..
Have a good week-end... hugs, Baba
You never cease to amaze me with all that you manage to pack into your days.
Hats off to you - love the pic of all the kids in your room!
This must be one amazing school.
Looks like loads of fun! Just curious...what have you been reading these days..or are you saving it all for summer vacation...I always enjoy your reviews.
Marilyn
Post a Comment