"Where have you been Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Where have you been charming Billy?
I have been to see my wife,
She's the darling of my life.
She's a young thing, who cannot leave her mother."
I'll be honest, there's a lot "swimming in my head" these days. This is just one thing. Upon further reflection, here's what I noted; I haven't been out to "see my wife" and I am not a "young thing who cannot leave her mother".
OK, so I don't know WHY that song seemed appropriate to use in this post! Even though I know I am quite guilty of "blog neglect," this is STILL my blog and I'll quote as I want to. :-)Besides, it might give you "therapist types" good fodder.
Seriously, there's not much excuse for where I've been to explain where I haven't been. I just haven't. We'll leave it at that.
I DO keep up with most of my blogging friends through my blogger newsfeed. But I still like to get around and visit and comment and let everyone know that I still care and I haven't totally left the planet.
I can't say I will be around every day this week. I'll try, though. So, let me take a stab at my own version of the "Billy Boy" song:
"Oh where have you been Susan, girl? Susan, girl?And, just so this little post doesn't leave you without a little lesson....heeeere's a performance of Billy Boy complete with chords so you can serenade yourself!
Oh, where have you been Blogging Susan?
I have been out of the loop
And believe me that's the truth
I wish I could give you something better!"
Hugs to you all! I'll be back to catch up soon!
8 comments:
I've been off being busy myself... Like you, I can't/don't comment at every site I normally read, but I do read.
xoxo
LBC
Thanks for the laugh. enjoy your life and come by to blogging when you're less busy. We'll miss you until then!
it's very time consuming commenting...but it's wonderful to see how people are doing, what they're doing, where they're going...until i realize i'm not one of the ones going, then i get a little depressed and turn off the computer.
no, i love visiting..and i understand when people don't comment a lot
Well, Susan girl, you are quite clever! I love your version of the song...I could copy it since I have been somewhat absent of late.
You are forgiven, we all suffer from the same malady on occasion.
Seems like lots of blogs I visit (including my own!) have had fewer postings lately...must be some sort of spring fever!
I love your blog and always enjoy my visits....
Ah yes, well, don't sweat it. We're all guilty of that now and again. In the meantime remember that a little blogging neglect makes the heart grow fonder. I'll be checking back...I often do!
So cute! I have been guilty of blog neglect also. Seems that life is happening and blogging isn't. I can't promise it will lighten up, but hopefully it will. I miss checking in on my friends and seeing what is happening in their lives.
At least with Facebook it seems fast and quick and instant and does not take lots of thought! It is just my lazy girl's network for now.
I have missed you!
Post a Comment