More Info About Me

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mall Blitz Part 2 and Spring Break

The Mall Blitz that I blogged about below did not end on Sunday. My DH called the mall manager yesterday and explained to her what we were trying to do with our kindness outreach. She thought it was so cool. She did explain to DH that they do not allow solicitation from store to store, but that what we were doing was fine.

So, tonight, three of us headed to the mall to deliver the other 151 bags. It was even neater than the initial day. Store managers were blown away that we even made the attempt to come back and finish what we started. The head of security (who we did NOT meet on Sunday) came and met me. He even said, "Make sure you deliver the biggest bag to Leon" (his name). So, guess who's getting bags TOMORROW??? Yep, you guessed it! Security!!

This is our Spring Break, so I'm enjoying some free time this week. We went to Chris Tomlin's concert last Friday. My colleagues and I enjoyed a brunch with a person who used to teach at my school on Monday. DS 2 and DS 3 played a "bowling game" on the radio station today and will be bowling with the guys from Jars of Clay on Thursday. There may be a Disney Day in here.

BUT the biggest part of the week for me is happening on Friday/Saturday. I am going to be meeting up with my three BEST friends and roommates from college. We were all in each other's weddings. We were absolutely best of friends in college. We have seen each other sporadically over the years...but we have not, the four of us, been together in the same room for more than 18 years! I am SO EXCITED!!

Stay posted. It may be a couple of days, but there's more to come!


10 comments:

Melli said...

WOW! You are just FULL of news today! I'm so glad you got to finish delivering your bags - I had a feeling you would! And I think that's a GRAND idea to take bags for Security tomorrow! Very cool!

I'm sO jealous you got to see Chris Tomlin. I would sO love to go to a concert of his!

Honestly - your boys ALWAYS have something exciting going on! That is sO cool they will be bowling with Jars of Clay!

And then your reunion! WOW! THAT is just awesome! I really can't/don't even want to imagine going back to "play" with my old friends from that far back! But... that's because I've done a LOT of changing since then! Honestly... I HOPE they have too! (I'm sure they have...)

Hal and DeeDee said...

sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Spring Break....
Have fun with your college friends...such fun!

Thanks also for your support and prayers for us and our JOnathan and the coming deployment!
It means so much to have others praying with us!
Sweet Blessings!

Momma Roar said...

That is so awesome about the mall blitz - I think that is just a fantastic idea!

And, how cool that you'll be getting together with those college friends - 18 years, wow!! Have a wonderful time!!!

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, is God good or what! This is like Paul Harvey ...."The Rest of the Story". So glad it worked out well.

Hope you have a great time at your reunion with your friends.

I'm with Melli, a little jealous over the Chris Tomlin concert and bowling with Jars of Clay.

Miss you. Have a glorious EASTER.

samurai said...

\o/ That is so cool! Way to stick to it and see it all through!

May God richly bless those whom received these packages and may His glory shine through into the hearts of those who received these packages.

heidi @ ggip said...

I'm so glad you were able to finish your awesome job. I too would be confused if a security officer would not let me give a gift to people, but oh well.

:)

Carmen said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time...and your mission was completed! I wish I could see the face of them other security guards when they get their bags (snicker). Have a wonderful time with your buddies!!

Jen S. said...

Sounds like you're having a great spring break! We're also on spring break down here. I'm enjoying being a stay-at-home mom again! (Even though I STILL have to pay for his daycare, even though he's not going...grr!)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Your life sounds full and happy..good for you!! I am so much better now but we just heard this morning that my sis in law (my brother's wife) has breast cancer and we are all very upset about that. We just found out this morning..if you think to pray for Judy Smith that would be great..Sandy

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful time at your reunion! That sounds like so much fun.

Glad you were able to deliver the packages. I know they were so grateful for your kindness.

Thanks so much for telling me about the presidential planes. It turned out that we didn't need passes because my parents live on base; we were allowed in with my mom's ID. However, I wouldn't have even known it existed if you hadn't mentioned it, and it was my favorite part!

Thanks!