
Just before I left on my Suitcase Story Tour, I ran across two posts that honored my blog with a Reflective Blogger Award. Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee and Sandy over at Flip Flop Floozie, both bloggers that I respect as reflective bloggers, nominated me. To say I was touched would be an understatement.
Thank you both for such sweet words about my blog.
Thank you both for such sweet words about my blog.
I want to recognize the originator, a teenaged girl enthralled with Lord of the Rings. You can meet her here.Here are her stipulations for granting the award:
As for my award, it is called The Blogger Reflection Award. Why? The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them. This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given.
So, without further ado, here are my five honorees:
My first nomination needs to go to KT at The KT Chronicles. She is one of the bloggers that I have known the longest. She has had a very busy year as she lost both her Grandmother and her Mother. Through those trials, though, she has constantly been a witness to God's neverending love. She never fails to share her heart, her family, and her love for life through her writing.
My next nomination goes to Jane at Cozy Reader. She has such a heart for sharing Christ with the world. Her blog inspires me each and everytime I read it as she shares her family, her thoughts on world events, the books she's read, and her travels. It's a real blessing.
My third nominee is Heather at Red-Headed Rants and Rambles. Heather has shared her journey, fight, and victory over that awful disease, cancer this year. And she continues to share her heart when she posts. Even before that, though, Heather (who introduced me to the blogging world) was unafraid to share her thoughts, her heart, and her world with the rest of us. Thank you, Heather!
My fourth nomination goes to Mary at Crankin' Out the Hits. Mary is one of my "oldest" (or longest) blogging friends. We met via a Christian website for women and have followed each other on our journeys. She is currently sharing her heart as she works through the challenge to honor her Husband. It is refreshing to see someone who hungers so much to be a child after God's own heart.
My final nomination goes to Jill at Who Could Ask for Anything More? She is an amazing blogger who inspires you and makes you laugh over and over again. I love visiting her place and hearing about all the "fun" that goes on in her family. She is definitely an inspiration as a Mom, a Stepmom, and a Christian woman. And she blesses me beyond measure.
There are so many other people I could nominate for this award. Many of you have already received it. Just know that if your name is on my blogroll, it's not happenstance. It's purposeful. It's because each and everytime I visit your little spots on the web, I am inspired, humored, and challenged. Thank you for that.
My next nomination goes to Jane at Cozy Reader. She has such a heart for sharing Christ with the world. Her blog inspires me each and everytime I read it as she shares her family, her thoughts on world events, the books she's read, and her travels. It's a real blessing.
My third nominee is Heather at Red-Headed Rants and Rambles. Heather has shared her journey, fight, and victory over that awful disease, cancer this year. And she continues to share her heart when she posts. Even before that, though, Heather (who introduced me to the blogging world) was unafraid to share her thoughts, her heart, and her world with the rest of us. Thank you, Heather!
My fourth nomination goes to Mary at Crankin' Out the Hits. Mary is one of my "oldest" (or longest) blogging friends. We met via a Christian website for women and have followed each other on our journeys. She is currently sharing her heart as she works through the challenge to honor her Husband. It is refreshing to see someone who hungers so much to be a child after God's own heart.
My final nomination goes to Jill at Who Could Ask for Anything More? She is an amazing blogger who inspires you and makes you laugh over and over again. I love visiting her place and hearing about all the "fun" that goes on in her family. She is definitely an inspiration as a Mom, a Stepmom, and a Christian woman. And she blesses me beyond measure.
There are so many other people I could nominate for this award. Many of you have already received it. Just know that if your name is on my blogroll, it's not happenstance. It's purposeful. It's because each and everytime I visit your little spots on the web, I am inspired, humored, and challenged. Thank you for that.
7 comments:
Now, I DO believe YOUR blog totally deserved this award! You would be MY top nominee too!
Thanks for accepting this award from me. I thought of you right away. I love coming here. I love the way you write...Sandy
Congratulations on the nominations and award! :)
I will be praying for you on your prolonged trip.
You so totally deserve this one! It fits you perfectly!!
Congrats Susan! And thanks for the nomination! I appreciate it. You know I love ya!
Congrats on the award and thank for the nomination. You bless me too! Have fun travels and be safe (oh...did I mention I'm vacationing vicariously through you this summer? hee-hee)
AAwwweee, thank you for your sweet & kind words. ;-) & the 'nomination'.
Post a Comment