More Info About Me

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Cruisin' Day 1



AHOY there from the middle of the Caribbean Sea! We’re on our way to Costa Maya, Mexico for a day at the Mayan Ruins.

We boarded the ship yesterday after a little wrong turn on the way to the port. Since we booked this a little late, and because the ticket agent misspelled our last name, our city, and our road, we didn’t have “real” tickets or luggage tags. So, we decided we would carry our luggage on board. There’s no limit to the “length” of a piece of luggage…only the height and width. Suffice it to say, our luggage isn’t small…OK, MINE especially. I mean I am going to be gone for 3 more weeks! I need options, you know?

But I digress. Checking in was relatively easy, except the lady made me unpack my small suitcase because she thought I had wine in it! It was, instead, my PURPLE shampoo and conditioner bottles! Believe me, after getting lost and lugging luggage, I WISHED it were wine, too!

DH and I enjoyed lunch on the Lido Deck and waited for the Muster Drill. This is the lifeboat drill that all ships must have because of the Titanic disaster. There are 3500 passengers and 1200 crew on this ship…that’s a lot of people migrating to one or two floors to stand by their lifeboats.

We caught a glimpse of all the luggage that people checked waiting to be delivered to their owners. I was kind of glad at that point, that mine wasn’t IN that pile! The Cruise Director said there were over 6000 pieces to be taken to cruisers in the matter of a few hours.

Last night we had a lovely dinner in our dining room. Then we went to get our free piece of art from the art auction, guess the price of the Picasso (I HOPE we DON’T win…that thing is just not my cup o’ tea) and then we went to the Spa for the free raffles up there.

How THRILLED I was when DH won first. He “won” a free Detox Session and alpha relaxation capsule. Now the Alpha Relaxation sounds wonderful…supposedly in a 25 minute session, you feel like you got three hours of sleep. Although I don’t know if I’m going to be able to relax after someone tells me what my BMI is…just how many calories I need to be burning a day and gives me the health advice I “need”. I have an appointment right before our 5 course meal tomorrow. Hey, it’s FREE advice right!?!?!?

Last night we went to a Welcome Aboard Show and enjoyed the balcony in our stateroom. I must have been exhausted (or the Dramamine kicked in) because I fell asleep with my watch on and don’t even remember my head hitting the pillow.

Now, we’re off to a “Fun Day at Sea”. There are Art Auctions, Music, Bingo, and Country Line Dancing. Not to mention the food (hey, the Detox session isn’t till tomorrow, right?) and relaxation!

{Note: If I don't get around to your blogs, it's because we only have limited minutes. I had hoped to upload pictures, but that, too, is going very slow. So, you'll have to live through my words and I'll share photos when I can.}

13 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Don't worry about answering back...just enjoy yourself. We will all wait for pictures!! You are going too and are having a wonderful time. Sandy

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful! I have never been on a cruise, so I will enjoy one through you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!! I look forward to the day I get to go on my first cruise. Reading about yours will let me know a little bit more about what to expect. I'm so excited for you!!

Jill said...

Sounds like fun so far. I've not been on a cruise, either, but I've seen the Mayan Ruins. Enjoy your restful time with your hubby!

Susan said...

Sounds like your having fun. I've never been on a cruise.

Connie Barris said...

I have decided you have a busier life than I do... smile

Dan said...

Now you know why I did not upload any pics when I was there a couple weeks ago. I won a couple pieces of art they are both identical. Sounds like you are staying busy and having fun. Look forward to hearing more.

samurai said...

I just hope you all have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!!! Hope you don't win that icky picture, LOL. I agree. Alot of that art isn't my thing, either. Y'all have fun!

Alise said...

Sounds like fun already! Enjoy your trip and we'll look forward to seeing the pics when you get back.

Sharon Bardwell said...

Ahhhh...I've only been back a few weeks and you are making me want to go again! At least you made it back to your cabin before you fell asleep. I was so tired one night that I fell asleep during the Show! I woke up everytime the audience clapped then I fell back asleep and woke again with the clapping...etc...

Be sure to take it all in and have fun.

Sharon

Melli said...

Oh BOY! I'm THRILLED to get the words! Sounds like you guys are REALLY having some fun! I SO wanna DO that! I shall live vicariously through you! Can't WAIT to see the pics!

Lazy Daisy said...

I agree with Melli, vicarious living works for me...(remember, I have a very vivid imagination!)

enjoy cruising with your honey....sounds divine!