
DS 3 went for a sleep study last night. They are testing to find out if he has Apnea or not. At 12, he is a VERY restless sleeper and usually snores or talks in his sleep. He's sick and tired of being sick and tired...so we decided to "get down to the bottom of it" and seek medical help.
I dropped him off at the sleep center (where I've been twice for sleep studies) at 8:30pm. I left after 9:00pm. They were wiring him up when I left and were planning to get him to go to sleep around 10:00pm. He told me he was tired when I left. Then I returned this morning to pick him up at 6:30.
When I walked in his room, he looked like he had been to battle through the night. He said he didn't sleep much. The tech had to ask him several times if he was OK and had to come in a couple of times and fix wires that had been torn off. I know it's not easy getting comfy with all those wires on you. But, I didn't quite expect him not to relax a bit.
The doctor came in and said, yes, he had a few apnea episodes, but no, he didn't sleep well at all. He didn't snore. He was restless. So, the report isn't "normal"---whatever that is.
So, now what???? They are going to read the report a bit more in-depth and send it back to the ENT. The ENT then will have to decide if DS 3 needs surgery or not. They don't want to try the machine because he is so young.
So, today, he's home resting trying to "catch up" on much needed rest.
I don't sleep well when DH is out of town...although I am getting better. But, I definitely like to have "all the chicks in the nest" too. When the kids aren't home, I toss and turn even more. Even though I knew DS 3 was "safe" last night...I like to know that they are in our house in their beds sleeping. So, I too was a bit restless last night. I am at work because I have a meeting this morning.
And, I'm thinking that the sleep deprived son may NEED his sleep deprived mother to be in the house with him!!
So, I'm leaving half day to go home and rest for a bit....oh, and to check in on DS 3!! YAWN!?!?!
2 comments:
I came over from flip flop floozies. Sorry to read this about your son. It does make you wonder whats wrong doesnt it? Hope it all turns out okay.
S..too bad it's now a "now what" situation. Hope they can help him though cause he is so young to start with that kind of a problem.
I didn't get to comment on your blog from yesterday about Tony but wanted you to know that I totally agree with you about the man and will definitely be pulling for him and the Colts to go all the way. Peyton Manning is pretty "cute" too!
Good luck to J!
LY...C
Post a Comment