More Info About Me

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

He's 8 Today...

Today my DS 4 turned 8. Eight years old. It seems like just yesterday when I learned that I was going to have this fourth child. He was quite unexpected. I laid on the couch in total shock that we were going to "start over" with a little baby. I remember DH telling me, "It will be fine." As usual, he was right.

I remember his birth. It was an emergency C-Section due to some bad oxygen levels on his monitor. In the video of his birth, you can see the umbilical cord with a perfect pretzel shaped knot in it. I can still remember the doctor's words when he showed DH the knot and said, "There's no way he'd have made it through the birth canal with that." You see it would have pulled and completely cut off his oxygen source...because in addition to the knot, the cord was wrapped around his neck.

I remember thinking on that day, January 17th, 1999, "This boy is a miracle. He has a very special purpose on this Earth." I know it's true. And from that day on, we have been connected.

Sunday, the pastor at the church we've been attending was talking about the kings. He highlighted briefly King Josiah who was 8 when he took the throne. DH asked DS 4 if he thought he could be king at his age. I think DS 4 actually pondered his answer! He believes that he can do anything.

There has never been much that he didn't think he could do. He's always thought he was a "teenager" like his older brothers. I still remember his 4th birthday party when we asked him who he wanted to come and he started naming the Youth Group kids...not the 4 year olds!

I can't wait to see what God does with him. I know that it will be special, whatever it is.

Happy Birthday Son! I LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Happy belated birthday all grown up young man. He is the same age as my grown up 8year old granddaughter Madison. They should meet!! smile...Sandy

Jane said...

I hope your 8 year old had a great birthday. He sounds like a very special young man.
Thanks for stopping by my T13 today.

samurai said...

Wow - may your "little man" continue to be blessed of the Lord!