More Info About Me

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Who Knew?



DS 2 is playing in a soccer tournament this weekend. On the way to the field early this morning, he was quizzing DS 4 on all things soccer. He asked, "Which player scored more than 1000 goals in his lifetime?" DS 4 could not answer right away...but DS 2 kept giving him clues until they came up with the name Pele'. I non-chalantly said, "I saw him play once."

DS 2 was beyond surprised and let me know it. He couldn't believe that I had never told him. He said, "That is not something that you keep quiet, Mom." Then, he said he was going to announce it to the whole team when he got to the field.

I told him that if I had known it would elevate me to such status with him I certainly would have told him this information years ago.

So, I am announcing it to the blogging world....In 1980 or 81, I saw the great Pele' play....against the Tampa Bay Rowdies. I remember that the entire stadium went crazy because they knew the importance of this man.



I just don't have the heart to tell him that as a teen in high school, I was MUCH more excited about seeing Wes McLeod (Tampa Bay's #8) play!


I am pretty sure that little nugget of truth will knock me right back to just a normal Mom status pretty quickly...Shhhh!!! He won't know until he reads this blog!

2 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Kids never think that Moms know anything much less KNOW anyone!! Funny how suddenly you become SOMEONE!! Good for you MOM

Greg and Christie said...

Ah the good old Rowdies days. Hard to believe them and the Bandits were the only thing we had sports wise around here, well that were good. You gave me a good idea for an xmas pres though!!!

G