More Info About Me

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Update Nuggets from the Homefront....

Here are some short updates on some of our happenings in the last couple of weeks:


  • The broken computer WAS in fact able to be hooked up to a monitor and all data files are now safely on a DVD waiting for a new laptop to call home.
  • DS4's pet frog is living happily in an aquarium on our porch. Last night, he and DH added a new "friend" to the cage. DS 4 announced proudly: "Mom, I hope this one's not a girl, cause then we're going to have babies!" As a reminder, I HATE FROGS! Heaven help me!!!
  • DSs 1, 2, and 3 have spent the week at church for Youth Week. They continue to amaze me as they explore who it is that God wants them to be! Last night, they took a bunch of boys to see The Power Team in Clearwater. The boys all spent the night here. It was so funny because when they came home, after 11, you could feel the energy rise in the house---even though they were trying to be SO quiet. It's a GUY THING!?!?!
  • I did a presentation yesterday...the third one this week. My FEET are KILLING me! I am not sure what the problem is, although a friend told me it's what happens as you age (she knows my birthday is right around the corner). That STINKS! Anyway, I came home yesterday and propped my burning, throbbing, feet up high on some pillows and pretty much did nothing until this morning.
  • Now, I am getting ready to head off to church. DH leaves for a few days right after church. He is traveling more and more. I am happy for him...and know this is what he is called to do...but I am STILL not a good "single Mom". Although, as the guys get older, they are more helpful and that is good.
  • School starts on Tuesday for teachers. I have to work tomorrow too to get files that I was supposed to have copied from that wonderful laptop!

That's all the nuggets I have to share now. Have a GREAT Sunday!!

No comments: