More Info About Me

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ribbit...ribbit

Some of you read my story about my FIL coming over to rescue me from the dreaded tree frog. DS 4 (our animal lover) has not stopped talking about this new pet!! He and dh researched keeping them as pets. They have talked about it...and planned..although no progress was made on it yesterday. Actually, I thought the idea might "die" (not the frog) and we might convince DS 4 to put the frog out in our pond....

This morning, I slept in. The house was strangely quiet for 9:30. Usually I can hear DH or DS 4 since they are early birds. I looked around and couldn't find them. My car was gone. I thought, "Maybe they just went up to the store...." Although I didn't know why they would do that since DH made a grocery run last night.

TWO HOURS passed. With every minute passing, I knew this could NOT be good. DH does NOT like to shop. He is quick about it. DS 1 woke up and called his Dad. When asked what they were doing, DH replied, "You'll have to see when we get home."

Not long after the phone call, DH and DS 4 enter the house with a new Bunny Cage (to replace the cage we already have), a new picture of a whale, a Hershey Kiss Fondue Pot and............YEP, you guessed it right......an aquarium for the frog.

Now, DS 3 has taken to research on the Internet (as if we need more research) to identify it. Ten minutes ago, I walked out to find DH, DS 4, and DS 3 claiming, "We think it's a girl." Ppppuuuulllleeeeaaazzzeee!!!!! Why does this matter? DS 3 assures me that it DOES matter because it's the "boys who sing."

I can take almost anything. Nothing really surprises me anymore. Now we have to go buy crickets or meal worms for this frog to eat....although if you buy mealworms, you have to make sure they are dead because otherwise they grow in the frog's stomach and kill it. And, by the way, you should NOT put small pebbles in the bottom of the cage because it might accidentally eat one....I am actually starting to wonder how they survive in the wild...you know, without human intervention!

As I said before, I hate these things. I go to great lengths to avoid them in the evening. I NEVER would have dreamed that I'd have one living in MY house.. I guess it comes with the territory (I mean FOUR boys). Oh well, they can figure out how to care for it and feed it.....Maybe DH knew that if he "cared for" and "fed me" with his Garage Sale finds, that I would warm up to the idea.

So, with that thought in mind, I think I'm going to have some melted chocolate now and try to forget about it!!! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful Son Mom and I raised -- to buy you chocolate stuff -- and at a garage sale!

Now you know how Mom felt when your DH brought the rat came to live at our house when she had vowed nothing with a tail!

Well -- I hate to "jump and run" but I have work to do. :-)