More Info About Me

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Quiet Nights are Over

If you read my blog regularly, then you know that my three older DSs have been gone to a Youth Retreat this week in Daytona Beach. DH was gone one day and I was out three days. But when we were home, it was quiet. Tonight the three older boys returned. I am amazed at how the energy level changes when you throw just three more bodies into the mix. It may be the testosterone. It may be that they are all teens and preteens....but it's energy, nonetheless.

I like it though. In fact, I think it's rather dull without them around. We got an update on their week away.

DS 1 is now in his room recording music that he has "in his head". He really enjoyed the music at the youth week and is excited about writing his own music to share with youth groups.

DS 2 just finished watching the video of the World Cup Final Game. He came home and immediately asked, "Is there a way that I can earn $40/month?" I wondered why...and he quickly pulled a picture out of his suitcase of a young 6yo boy from a third world country. He wants to sponsor him until he is 18. Then, he wants to pay the $350/month to send him to college....He assured me that by this time, he would be out and making money on his own.

DS 3 immediately began looking up some of the great pictures they were shown this week of outer space. The speaker showed them some amazing pictures and connected it to the wonder of God. Actually, when I looked at some of them, I was again reminded that all of this (Earth and Space and all it's wonder) did NOT happen by accident...there is just no way.

DS 4 was glad to welcome them home. He is definitely my social child. He loves having brothers to talk with...even though he drives them crazy sometimes.

So everyone has settled into their own place in our home tonight and it is a peaceful thing. Even though the energy is up...and the noise level is too...I am calm. I love knowing that all is well in my "nest".

Until next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

S...there's just no place like home when the "nest" is full. Glad the Daytona trip was meaningful and fun for all 3. Sure has been quite a summer for them. Keeping enjoying all the noise...it will be too soon before that nest will be quiet/empty!
LY...C

Angela said...

You are soo very blessed :-). Husband & I do not have children.
The only noise that fills our home is all of our animals. 2 shih-ztu's and an African Grey Parrot. But that is how it's suppose to be for now I guess and that's alright with us. Someday down the road we'll adopt or Foster. :-)
Have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family..

Lynn said...

Here's the name of a great book that I bought for DH some time ago that your DS3 might enjoy:

The Hand Of God: Thoughts and Images Reflecting the Spirit of the Universe by Michael Reagan (see Amazon.com)

I bought it for the awesome pictures (DH) and the great thoughts to read (me;-).

Sounds like things are all back to normal:-) We take off for Maine next week. We still have band camp, VBS and a boy scout trip yet to go!

Have a great weekend.