More Info About Me

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

More Sad News....

OK...it seems like when it rains, it pours, you know?

I got a call this morning from a very dear friend of mine. Her daughter is 30 weeks pregnant. This has been a high risk pregnancy from the start due to many many health issues of the mother. She has miscarried several times in the past. This baby, though, little Ben, has "made it" to this viable part of the pregnancy.

Yesterday, Ben and his mother, were admitted to our local hospital. She was diagnosed with Toxemia and they began medication to lower the blood pressure.

I just got the evening update from my friend. The doctors are "not concerned" about Ben. They are pumping her with steroids in an effort to help develop his lungs for this early delivery. They are saying that Ben weighs 4 pounds. Now, they are VERY CONCERNED about Ben's mother. Her kidneys are starting to shut down and there is swelling in the brain.

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE say a prayer for this family!!!!!! They need a miracle. My heart is heavy for all of them. Please pray that little Ben's delivery goes well and the doctors in the NICU are able to care for him. Pray for Ben's Mom.

I appreciate it. Thanks to all, in advance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. Prayers going up right now. Please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so horrible to hear! I will keep them in my prayers...

samurai said...

Heavenly Father I lift up this mother and her baby to you in prayer. What a miracle that life is. That You would choose to use us to even be a part of that process is amazing.

Lord I lift up baby "Ben" to You. Lord I ask that you wrap Your arms around this baby within his mother's womb. Lord he is not even aware of the world outside of his mother but I would ask that You allow him to feel Your presence. Protect him, help him get stronger and prepare him for a life, long and filled with joy and a knowledge of You and Your Son.

Lord I lift up his mother as well. What a delicate ledge we travel in this life. It is only by Your grace and mercy that we draw a breath moment by moment. Lord I ask that You would continue to grant this woman days upon this earth. That she will grow old and enjoy the child that You have blessed her with. Surround her, Lord I ask, with Your angels. Protect her and heal her. Allow her to feel Your presence and comfort her in Your arms.

Father God I lift this family, as well as the family of the father who passed away - for there is no where else we can turn for comfort in these times.

I ask for these mercies in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and may Your answers be seen and give glory to Your Son. Amen.

Susan said...

Thank you, Samurai and everyone! I know you all are a blessing to this family and to me!!

Melli said...

Yikes! My sister had toxemia with both of her pregnancy's -- as a matter of fact they warned her NOT to get pregnant again after the first one, but she did anyway. I am sending prayers for your friend and her baby!

Pear tree cottage! said...

Susan,
my silent prayer's will fill the night sky this very day from here in Australia.

Our daughter lost her unborn darling just this last week and we now know god had another bath for this little one.

blessings to your friend.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. I read both of you "sad" posts and wanted to let you know that both of these families will be in my prayers. I hope your news gets happier as the week comes to an end. Keep us updated with whatever you can.

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow. This has not been a good week, it seems. We've had bad news in our family as well.

I hope this mother and her child pull through okay.