I received my laptop back today and it looked fine. When you turn it on, however, it's obvious that the screen is cracked as you can see nothing. It's cracked on the inside.
Now, the good news is...it appears to be going on like normal. The bad news is...I can't see anything to save and back-up. I have emailed my friend who is a Mac expert and will see what she can do.
In the meantime, I found out (thank goodness) that the computer is covered under School Board insurance, so I don't have to pay for it.
I have to give presentations tomorrow, Thursday, and Saturday. They are on my computer. I DO have Overhead back-ups, so that is a good thing. Still, the presentations would be more impressive with the PowerPoint. Thank goodness, teachers are a very forgiving bunch.
Now, if you could, please whisper a prayer that I will be able to recover my files without too much trouble!
As my friend, Cindy says, "It's just an EVENT!" She's right. It could be MUCH worse!!
6 comments:
You and laptop computer screens!!! Isn't this at least the second one?? Good luck with your presentations.
BTW looks like m&d won't be back until next Friday...
G
Your FIL thinks you are handling this very well!
Much better than when you spoke to us earlier. :)
Glad it is just the screen. I am sure they can save the stuff.
I am not familiar with MAC's, but is it possible to hook up a monitor to the laptap so you can use that as your video reference?
I know on my PC laptop it is posisble to do this (as well as an external mouse and keyboard if I want).
It might help you better asses how your laptop is working. :)
Glad to hear you did get it back!
At least you did not loss it completely..guess you can count your blessings for that..Sandy
Oopss lose it..sorry misspelling once again...and you are a teacher...sorry teach!!
Post a Comment