More Info About Me

Monday, March 28, 2011

Today I'm thankful for:  My Car!  It broke last week.  I had it jumped and it ran fine for a few days, then after church yesterday...wham!  It was down again.  So, today it's in the shop.  And tomorrow it should be healthy again.  I miss it when I don't have it.  With 208,000 miles on it, it's been quite faithful and for that, I'm thankful!

On the "Family Front":   ONE WEEK from tomorrow, we will be a FOREVER FAMILY!  LG will be OURS.  I'm planning to throw a party to celebrate.  I just have to figure out a day and a time that we can do it.  

My Educational Journey: Sometimes I look at all that I still have to do to finish this degree and I think, "What the HECK am I thinking?"  But, you know what?  My FIL is right, it's like eating an elephant and you have to do it ONE bite at a time.  One little step at a time.  So, this week as I prepare to write a paper on Meta Consent Decrees (yeah, you wish you were me, don't you?) I'm going to do a little chunk at a time and trust that all will be well.  

My Running Notes: What running??  I was supposed to run again yesterday and we ended up being Tampa later than planned.  When I arrived home after dark, I couldn't go run.  This morning I woke up to RAIN.  Right now, it's the evening and it's been RAINING all afternoon.  I'm frustrated because I feel like I am going to have to start over.  Oh well...I'll keep pressing on even when it seems my plans are not working!

What I'm Reading:    Uh see my note about Meta Consent Decree.  THAT'S what I'm reading this week!  

On my Mind:   I want to be a better person than I am today.  I fuss too much.  I whine when things don't go as I think they should.  I sometimes am selfish.  I don't want to be that way.  Soooo I've been remembering a song by a Christian artist from my college days, "Gold in the Fire."  Priscilla Engle used to sing it and it had this great chorus that said, "He's heating me up like gold in the fire...taking the temperature higher and higher...burning off every impurity...till the only thing left of me is gold in the fire!"  I love that picture and pray that I'll become more like gold as I allow God to work on my flaws.  

Inspirational Quote or Thought for Today:

Instead of a quote or thought, I have this song in my heart.  We heard this group Saturday night before Chris Tomlin took the stage.  The group is called, "Rend Collective" and they are from Ireland.  This song touched my heart so deeply...Here are the lyrics and I followed it up with a video:


You Bled 
You bled your heart out
Now I feel love beat in my 
chest, How Wonderful
You gave your beauty 
In exchange for my 
ugliness, How Wonderful

You left your perfection
And took on our rejection 
oh How Marvelous
How Boundless
Is your love
Is your Love
How Wonderful
Sacrificial
Is your Love for me

You put on our chains
Sent us out through the 
open door, How 
Wonderful, You took our 
sadness, Crowned us 
with joy and real peace
How Wonderful
you bled
You left your perfection
and fought for our 
redemption 

Oh How Marvelous
How Boundless
Is your love
Is your Love
How Wonderful
Sacrificial

Is your Love for me
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me, How 
Wonderful
Yes Jesus loves me
This is love
You gave yourself



3 comments:

Liz said...

That is so exciting that LG will officially belong to YOU and your FAMILY!!! I think it's a wonderful idea to celebrate in some way special. She is one lucky little lady!!

Melli said...

I want to cry. I just wrote a book in here and hit publish and it went POOF! UGH!

1.) I sure wish I had been at that Chris Tomlin concert with you! He LIVES in my car you know...

2.) Congrats on becoming a forever family! I'm saying that prematurely because if I wait it probably won't get said! (yea... I'm THAT bad these days)

3.) Running. Weather is the ENEMY. (this comes from the mouth of the girl who LOVES weather!) I think your program moves along quicker than mine does. Mine only goes up half a minute each week - and this week it went UP half a minute on the runs AND dropped half a minute on the walks -- all at the same time! I thought I'd DIE! But right now I am on 2.5 minute runs - and 2 minute walks - which means for the first time I am actually running MORE than I'm walking! It's a bloomin' MIRACLE! Truly! My running is a commitment to Jesus. He's my running partner. This is what He asked me to give Him for Lent. True story. Failure is NOT an option. I NEVER run two days in a row. I pedal for 60 minutes on the same days that I run - AFTER I run. On the off days I do strength training or if I really feel the need to do cardio, I'll do a 30 minute Walking Off The Pounds. (Me 'n Leslie... we're good buddies!) Occasionally I let two days go between runs - mostly due to... weather. I am very HAPPY though that Spring isn't too Springy yet! My ideal running temp is 50 - but I'm good between 40 and 60. Yesterday I had to run in 34 - that was a bit nippy! But I'm really worried about 5K day! My run is April 23rd - the day before Easter! It's my church's Resurrection Run - last year I walked it. THIS year God had bigger ideas! (be VERY careful about ASKING Him what He wants for Lent!!!) I've only had to cut ONE run short - that was last Friday - due to... restroom issues. It wasn't pretty!

Please don't run every day. Your body NEEDS to recover for a day. Healing is part of the process. When you work hard you put tiny tears in your muscles and if you KEEP doing that every day they don't get to heal properly. Please let your muscles heal. (end of sermon)

By the way... I miss you too! I'm still not blogging though. And you can't even give me a hard time! Ha ha! Cuz you disappeared for almost forever! :P

I'll be back though... one day.

Love you!
Me

Melli said...

Yep... I re-typed the book... just for you!