More Info About Me

Monday, March 21, 2011

Today I'm thankful for:   My husband and the grace he extends me!  When I'm crabby, tired, or sick, he is more than understanding and always so kind.  He is always willing to give me space when I need it and for that, I will be eternally grateful!  
On the "Family Front":  LG was talking to her birth mother tonight on the phone.  I love it that she told her, "Here's my Mom."  when she handed the phone back.  I have told her that she, in fact, can call more than one person "Mom"....and I've explained to her how I call my own Mother "Mom" as well as DH's Mother.  But as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, she's been on a journey in this area as she first called me "Mrs. N." since that's how she knew me from school.  So, to quote a familiar phrase, "We've come a long way baby!"
My Educational Journey:  In the middle of a group project, I am starting to wonder if I really work better alone!  This is yet another area where my "control-freakness" comes out and I want to holler, "let's do it MY way!"  I know, I know, I have a lot to learn!
My Running Notes:   My hip hurt today from my run last night.  The Couch to 5K program is pretty adamant about not running everyday.  The recovery period is so important for the body.  But I'm thinking about doing a walk on the days when I am not running.  

What I'm Reading:  Today I haven't read anything for pleasure!  Nope.  It's been research, research, research for my "group paper".  Still, it's been good food for thought as I consider ways to bring about school reform.  
On my Mind:  No budget from the school district yet means we have no idea just how bad the cuts will be this year.  Still, we are certain there will be cuts.  I don't like that.  It always makes me question what my future will hold.  It happens every year and this one's no different.  What I do know, though, is that I am thankful to have a job and knowing that my employment is a sure thing.  
Inspirational Quote or Thought for Today:
Saw this yesterday and think it's appropriate for my "On my Mind" for today:  
                 "When people go to work, they shouldn't have to leave their hearts at home.” 
                                                                            --Betty Bender



2 comments:

Liz said...

Susan, I love the new blog design!!

Danielle Says Hello said...

Love the quote....but what tugged at my heart was LG....you are so blessed.