
It's been a while since I've participated in Linda's Random Dozen...but it was out for a bit and I was out for a bit and it came back and I sort of came back. So we haven't crossed paths for a while. Today, though, it's been rainy here in Florida again and I really didn't want to fuss about it, so I thought I'd grab the questions and answer them. So it's a little late. That's nothing new for me. It's still Wednesday, and I think the idea is to post answers on Wednesdays. And it's EARLY for anyone who lives out west, so let me quit babbling and get to the good stuff....
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? Without a doubt, my favorite Mexican dish is a good burrito sans the beans. I HATE BEANS! They're mushy and make me choke. Some Mexicans might argue that it's not Mexican without the beans, but for me it's the best.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? I have to be honest, I really didn't GET homework much in elementary school. In fact, I remember a few projects, but not really having nightly homework. By 6th grade, though, we had it and I procrastinated or forgot it entirely! It was definitely not my forte' and probably cost me a few grades.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? The Pottery Barn, hands down. Not that I can afford what I see there. I just love looking through the magazine, wishing and then planning to achieve the look for less.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? Yes I did. I loved Beefaroni day and the rolls the most. They don't even really make anything from scratch anymore. It's all processed. YUCK!
5. Is religion a crutch? Hmmm...this is a loaded question. I'm not even going to ask how we went from Mexican dishes, to school lunches, to religion being a crutch! ;-) I'd say for some it is. I don't think it's so for everyone, though.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? Football, hands down.
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Yes, though it's so much more than monetary for me. I am richly blessed with family, house, home, and everything I need. My DH used to say that most Americans should take a trip to a third world country to realize just how RICH most of us really ARE!
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR (my answer)
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz--because it's everything I'm not...graceful and smooth and rhythmic!
D) Swing
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? I remember telling my kids that their Grandfather had died. That is definitely the worst.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. How to room with someone else and get along.
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? I don't get this...generally it's the chorus that I am singing. Today, though, I found myself humming line one of a song we sang at church on Sunday. I hummed it over and over and over. I hope that I answered that the way it was intended...I'll have to come visit and see what others did.
Happy Wednesday!
5 comments:
I enjoyed reading your answers. I love black beans. Hope your having a great week.
LOL! I read sO many great Mexican foods this morning that I took Mom out to La Toleca for lunch today! AND... I ordered enchiladas with a SIDE of BEANS!!! YUM! Oh it was wonderful! My scale will pay for it this week!
I think your "D" is a very wise man - and I think that all the time, not just today. Perhaps you just shed the best light on him... and I love that about YOU too! But anyway - I think we SHOULD ALL have to visit a 3rd world nation to learn how entirely SPOILED ROTTEN we really are! It's crazy!
This is my first stop by your blog and I so enjoyed my visit. I, too, loved the rolls in school, put some honey on them and they were the BEST!
I saw that you are the mother of 4 boys, what fun! But, what a privilege to be raising fine young men to grow up and be great husbands and fathers. Joy and blessings to you!
What great answers! I am going to spend a little time perusing your blog.
#1 - My Sue hates beans too! LOL
#6 - are there really any other sports? Just listen to George Carlin on the subject. ;-)
Post a Comment